Glacier 8 Trail

Glacier 8 Trail is a 8.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Islandia, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 8.6 miles Elevation Gain: 242 feet Route Type: Loop

we had a hard time finding this trail. ended up in Hidden Pond but got on trails. The recent rain had made some sections impossible. we rode our cross bikes, some areas were best for mountain biking.

Okay, this is only a wooded hike for half the trail(see photo). If you come down the west side entering at the Bow Drive dead end off of Reed and continue South down to Hidden Pond Park you're good as long as you stay in the woods. There are multiple trails so it's not hard to double back and stay in the woods. But if you make the mistake I did and end up on Liberty, Bedford and Terry you'll end up walking 4+ miles on sidewalks and streets. We ended up doing 6.81 miles according to my Fitbit because we didn't want to go back up Terry. Instead we cut over on Townline to Cedar Ridge where we picked the wooded trail back up again for the return leg. So I gave the trail a 3 Star rating based on how it appears on All Trails App. If I do it again I'll stay in the green and give it a 5 Star rating. Stay away from the road and you'll enjoy this trail. P. S. It can be muddy in spots at the beginning, so choose your footwear accordingly.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Even with the tree Marks trail very hard to follow. Some excellent downhills. Otherwise wish the direction of the trails were marked better, it doesnt help that it has so many opening and exits. Glad I visited it and got to handle the bile on some quality drops offs.

Friday, December 01, 2017