Giant's Nubble via the Ridge Trail

Giant's Nubble via the Ridge Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Keene Valley, New York that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The most popular hiking trail to Giant Mountain is the Ridge Trail from NY 73, which offers some side visits including the Nubble and Giant Washbowl. The Zander Scott trail to Giant from the trailhead near Chapel Pond goes right by the trail to the Nubble. It is a steep trail in places, but the ascent to the Nubble is only 1150 ft while the ascent to the summit of Giant is over 3000 ft.

A nice hike, beautiful views. VERY busy, and while descending were pushed by Canadians. While hiking with our child, we don't go as fast as others, and the Canadians have NO trail etiquette at all. The trail itself is lovely, and we had a good time. Would have LOVED to take more photos, but we were in some very thick foggy clouds. So dense, we more often than not had no views at all, but it was still incredible!

Awesome fall foliage views

Good trail. Pretty rocky terrain, but nothing too steep. Great views near and at the top.

I took the Roaring Brook Falls trail towards Giants Nubble so I could fit the fall into the hike more easily. The falls are definitely better viewed from the road but standing at the top was neat. I thought this hike was a little strenuous, but I think it is my favorite Adirondack view so far. Amazing.

A nice short hike where you're guaranteed to have plenty of beautiful views.

Awesome!!!! Did this hike on 7/5/2017
Great for the kids. Next time gonna go down to roaring Brook Falls

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Great hike to the Nubble with my wife this morning 10/9/16! Definitely would do it again but would hike down to Roaring Brook Falls next time!

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Incredibly varied and beautiful trail. Very steep, a thrill ride from start to finish.

Sunday, July 17, 2016