Giant Mountain via Ridge Trail

Giant Mountain via Ridge Trail is a 5.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Saint Huberts, New York that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, rock climbing, camping, and nature trips and is best used from June until March.

rock climbing

A moderate hike over varied terrain including open rock areas and several false peaks before you reach the summit. There are two trails - one slightly longer but less steep and one that is shorter but steeper. The views from the summit into the High Peaks region are excellent. You can also access Rocky Peak Ridge as part of your day hike - the mileage for this additional hike is not included in this total.

Very icy, especially after recent melt has re-frozen. Used crampons for the first 3/4 and snowshoes for the remainder. Ice pick recommended. I chose to descend via roaring brook.

Icy

Climbed this with my youngest daughter during a heatwave. It was awesome!! But, only if you prepare for the conditions. Layers and water and dry clothes to change into. Even in the heatwave, it was very windy on the top and we were cold in our sweaty clothes. She was 12 and did just fine with this hike. Great views and plenty of other hikers to share experience with.

Today did Ridge trail up Giant Mountain . Needed snowshoes going up and halfway down . The trail is steep at certain heights . Nice trail would do it again.

hiked with my daughter a few years ago in august. some challenges along the way, but nothing we couldn't handle. sweet views of the great range in the distance and of chapel pond below.

Tough climb this time of year because of icy conditions near top. Also very easy to miss trail to roaring brook, which I did and then must take trail over nubble to get back. Definitely adds to challenge but some great views

It was a tough climb, but we had awesome views most of the way up. Check out my full write up with pictures and things to look out for.

i

Quite the challenge but worth every step !

Beautiful day and very nice hike. The whole family did it just fine even my 6 year old baby girl didn't have any issues. Get your kids off the electronics and out in the woods for a change

beautiful hike , I would do this again .

Wonderful hike! Steep and long but not as difficult as some had made it seem. The views along the way make it worth every step. I would reccomend wearing good and supportive shoe!! There are many rocks you could easily twist an ankle on.

I am giving this four stars just because the trail at some points is not easy to follow and a handful of times we had to really think and look at our map on where we should go.

Always stay safe and carry a map with you! These high peaks are beautiful but Mother Nature can take a quick turn for the worse, always be prepared.

Amazing view ! Difficult and painful but it’s worth it. It was my second hike and I was able to do it, so everyone can. A lot of rock climbing tho.

It was a hard climb up, every time I thought we were at the top, there was more to climb. Excellent experience!

Difficult and painful but worth it at the end!

Great view from 73

Beautiful views! Someone rock scrambling. Lots of fun!

Lots of fog from the rain on the way up. Trail definitely gets the best of yah at some off the switchbacks! Got some views of snow on Rickey Peak Ridge. Then at .07 miles till Giant we got into the snow. 80 degrees two days ago. Crazy ADK weather. No Views on the summit. But some on the way back down. Amanda an I survived the Giant.

Incredible views! More like 6 miles.

2.5 hrs up to the top and 2 hrs coming down, it was a great work out