Giant Mountain via Ridge Trail

Giant Mountain via Ridge Trail is a 5.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Saint Huberts, New York that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, rock climbing, camping, and nature trips and is best used from June until March.

rock climbing

A moderate hike over varied terrain including open rock areas and several false peaks before you reach the summit. There are two trails - one slightly longer but less steep and one that is shorter but steeper. The views from the summit into the High Peaks region are excellent. You can also access Rocky Peak Ridge as part of your day hike - the mileage for this additional hike is not included in this total.

Wonderful hike! Steep and long but not as difficult as some had made it seem. The views along the way make it worth every step. I would reccomend wearing good and supportive shoe!! There are many rocks you could easily twist an ankle on.

I am giving this four stars just because the trail at some points is not easy to follow and a handful of times we had to really think and look at our map on where we should go.

Always stay safe and carry a map with you! These high peaks are beautiful but Mother Nature can take a quick turn for the worse, always be prepared.

Amazing view ! Difficult and painful but it’s worth it. It was my second hike and I was able to do it, so everyone can. A lot of rock climbing tho.

It was a hard climb up, every time I thought we were at the top, there was more to climb. Excellent experience!

Difficult and painful but worth it at the end!

Great view from 73

Beautiful views! Someone rock scrambling. Lots of fun!

Lots of fog from the rain on the way up. Trail definitely gets the best of yah at some off the switchbacks! Got some views of snow on Rickey Peak Ridge. Then at .07 miles till Giant we got into the snow. 80 degrees two days ago. Crazy ADK weather. No Views on the summit. But some on the way back down. Amanda an I survived the Giant.