Ganondagan State Historic Site

Ganondagan State Historic Site is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Victor, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

historic site

Friday, July 07, 2017

Beautiful, peaceful area. Unfortunately was only able to hike about half of what I wanted to do to spraying for bugs/weeds earlier in the day. Was a little buggy in the trees, but tolerable, a few offshoots from the main trail were fun to explore, worth checking out, also get to learn a little history along the way

Thursday, June 29, 2017

I really enjoyed this trail. It's well marked and offers some very diverse scenery. There are several side trails that I didn't check out because it was my first time there. I did go off the trail to explore a creek. There are several signs providing the history of the Seneca. I was there for about two hours mid-morning on a weekday and only came across one other person. I'm definitely going back again.

Sunday, October 09, 2016

I LOVED THIS TRAIL! it was well marked and was a perfect 2 hour hike. I took the purple/red trail that led to an unmarked but well trafficked trail so it made a loop back.

Friday, October 07, 2016

Very well kept with very nice people who work there. Was a beautiful place and I am definitely going back!

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Red trail contains well kept paths beautiful fields in fall with many wild native flowers. Roads are some what visible but the fields in fall make it worth it.Trails are marked well. Backs up to the blue eagle trail which is heavily wooded moderately inclined and connects to fort hill - open area with decent view. Ran into one tiny stream on the red trail. Dog friendly :)

Monday, June 27, 2016

It was a wonderful exploration without a map we eventually ended back to the beginning! We enjoyed all the aspects of nature and the little history plaques along the way :)

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Great place to walk/hike, learn about plants, history. There are open fields, woods and water. Ganondagon has it all

Tuesday, July 04, 2017