Furnace and Indian Hill Loop Trail

Furnace and Indian Hill Loop Trail is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Southfields, New York that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I did the yellow trail and it was well marked, as long as you were paying attention. Nice gentle ups and downs and I tracked the trail at exactly 3.5 miles. Mostly in the woods with a couple nice views at higher points, I did not see the waterfall mentioned in the description though. Appreciated the clean port-o-potty at the trailhead! You can hear highway noise the majority of the hike. I did not see a single other person, which was astounding considering the proximity to NYC on a beautiful Saturday in May.

Road to trailhead is rough... good work out... rocky in spots... views are nice... you're by the road for a bit which lowered the peaceful factor ... still an enjoyable time in the woods

Nice trail. Good for all skill levels.

Use a four wheeler to get to trail head. Road is real bad on a car. Trail was over grown and easy to get lost

Monday, May 01, 2017

I didn't see some of the things other people saw I wish I did but the lake was very pretty and the views were beautiful

Sunday, January 22, 2017

The trail is so peaceful and you are gonna have a very good time. In my opinion it is a moderate trail.
I would recommend you follow the trail signs and not the app's map.

recorded Indian hill