Frozen Ocean State Forest Trails

Frozen Ocean State Forest Trails is a 1.8 mile out and back trail located near Moravia, New York and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Sunday, October 04, 2015

If you are looking for an easy short afternoon hike on a logging trail, this is a great trail for you. The trailhead, which is not marked, is just off the road. There is a pull off where you can park your car. We hiked down the logging trail and bush whacked our way around the lake. The trees have just started to change color. I imagine the trees, which will have changed color, reflecting off the lake will be beautiful at the end of October.

Tuesday, January 06, 2015

There are some trails, but many are overgrown or nonexistent. I have been here many times to hunt deer and grouse. From what I can tell, it is rarely hiked and more often hunted. Most of this is just forest. There is also a lot of logging that takes place here, so there's that.

I don't really recommend hiking here. There are better hiking areas around and you're more likely to find an annoyed deer hunter (perhaps me), than a friendly hiker.

Saturday, July 19, 2014