Franklin Gulf Trail

Franklin Gulf Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Eden, New York that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice hiking but trails need to be marked better.

It was a decent hike up until the blue and red trail randomly ended down by creek. I tried to find the blue/red markers and ended up coming across a purple trail leading to a tree stand. I had the impression the purple trail was private, and I did not want to risk walking on private land so I turned around and back tracked the blue/red trail.

Was a somewhat decent hike. We lost the trail markers by the little river/creek and got lost. We came out by someone's yard and the guy was nice enough to let us walk through his property to the street. So we ended up walking up the street back to the car.
They really need to mark the trails a little bit better, Like use a neon orange paint instead of the red (which was faded badly).

Nice trail other than once you get to the creek the blue markers seemed disappear and were hard to spot. We tried then following the red markers and those seemed to disappear eventually as well resulting in us turning around and going back the way we came.

Several trails are marked very well. Be careful of the ones that seem to end without looping back. Overall, really nice trails for a quick easy hike.

nice hike sometimes tricky for small kids but the managed great. have gone several times.

I went here with my dog. Pretty. But the trail got a little confusing after u get to the creek.

Nice trail, not crowded. The trailhead is perhaps a quarter mile south of what the app indicates.

well marked, good parking and beautiful conifer woods

Friday, June 24, 2016

Easy enough to find parking. Followed trail markers in and then kind of made our own path once we got down to the creek bed. With water levels so low we were able to walk up and down the creek quite a ways in both directions.

It was a nice, quiet hike. Only saw 1 other person with his 2 dogs.

Monday, May 30, 2016

It was a nice hike with our dog. Steep terrain in one spot and follows creek. The app is inaccurate for the location and trail but still easy to find. We took the blue trail which was about two miles.