Five Rivers Environmental Education Center Loop Trail is a 2.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Delmar, New York that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Remarkable display at the nature center. Wide variety of animal life. Worth many visits in all seasons.

Sunday, August 20, 2017

I hired a trail guide to bird watch the trail with me... She was a snot. I saw a lot of great birds... No thanks to her.

Monday, May 01, 2017

Good trail brought a my g/f and three year old son ... turtles , fish , birds , geese and ducks...

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Nice easy walk and pretty in the fall. I went with my sister and nieces, ages 7 to 2 1/2 and they managed just fine. The path we took was called Beaver Tree Trail

Sunday, November 13, 2016

No dogs but not clearly marked.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Trails are suitable for almost anyone but I found the trails to be rather confusing. There's a number of junctures that you can get easily lost at. That being said. It was fun and you can see a lot of wildlife: deer, turtles, ducks, chipmunks, rabbits and squirrels galore. I think I may have seen a beaver but... it ran away! :(

Saturday, September 03, 2016

fun trails lots of fish, turtles, rabbits, deer and birds

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Went there today with my 4 and 6 year old daughter and son for their "first hike" ... did the Vlomankill Trail ... this was perfect for the little ones. We ended coming back on the bird watching path down to the Beaver Tree path over the river. All the trails are very well maintained. It was a bit hot and didn't see to much wildlife, but I will definitely come here again.

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Very pretty, lots of wildlife, perfect hike with young kids!

Friday, June 10, 2016

Our family visits Five Rivers periodically throughout the year. Great trails for the whole family, and lots of spaces for impromptu picnics. Only downfall is that they have construction going on now, but, the good side is it looks like they are expanding the environmental center and parking lot for future visitors!

Sunday, June 05, 2016

we loved it

Monday, May 30, 2016

Go every few weeks. Seen the beavers. Nice trails, quick and easy hikes.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Super friendly staff! Great for kids!!

Sunday, April 24, 2016

super nice. good for all ages. north loop is a nice 2 mile walk,a bit muddy at times . Hiking boots or old sneakers good. Very clean and marked well all over.

Sunday, April 10, 2016

the trails are much more extensive than this listing suggests. I went more than 5 miles, and could have done more. I'm glad I decided to explore 5 Rivers.

Saturday, September 19, 2015

I've been coming here since I was a child with school fieldtrips, Girl Scouts, and family/friends. The flat, easy trails make this ideal for beginners and children. Be sure to check out the visitor center.

Friday, March 20, 2015

Great for children! Go into the buildings and see the birds both alive and stuffed.

Monday, September 01, 2014

Beautiful park but I probably won't be back anytime soon. I hike with my dog and this park was posted no pets!

Monday, November 18, 2013

Very nice and maintained trails. All trails loop and intertwined so you could do one large round about. Lots of wildlife, few deer. Overall nice trail.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Very easy peaceful place to hike and no matter how packed the lot is, there are so many trails you rarely see anyone!!! Various terrains, offers you the ability to see a variety of species and there is an environmental center!!! This area offers pavilions and picnic areas, and several bodies of water...including trails that take you into the fields where deer can be spotted around 5 PM!!!!!! no Fees and a beautiful place!!!! 5 STARS!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I hiked the trails at this educational center today. It was quiet. No school children today. I hiked part of the North Loop which circles around a field. I saw a bluebird. There are several bluebird houses. Then I hiked the Vloman and Big Pine trails running along this meandering babbling brook through pine woods. There were benches along the way. Then I hiked part of the Beaver Dam Pond where I saw Canadian geese and reeds, but no beaver this time. Still it was pretty and tranquil. -Brad

Monday, May 10, 2010

Very easy trail walk. Good for kids.