Fillmore Glen Falls (5 falls) Trail

Fillmore Glen Falls (5 falls) Trail is a 4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Moravia, New York that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Did not think it was moderate ...not hard at all. Beautiful place!

This was one of my favorite trails. A must see

Best trail is the gorge, at end of trail go up to north rim trail and head to dam and you'll find the biggest falls. Very enjoyable, pup got good workout 2.

Beautiful and well maintained trail that has 3 main options of hiking trails. We hiked the gorge trail early morning and the hiked the north rim trail later in the day. I definitely recommend walking to the top falls. It is in my opinion the best falls overall.

I loved this hike! We started on the North Rim trail, which was smart because we got all of the inclines out of the way first, went towards the dam for another waterfall, then followed the Gorge trail back. The gorge trail was so beautiful!! It follows the river and you walk over numerous bridges and pass by numerous waterfalls. So many photographic opportunities. I will be be hiking this trail again for sure!

It was beautiful day for a hike! We had previously driven down to try to hike much earlier in the year and were too early, the trails weren't open. Today we hiked the gorge trail and the North Rim trail to the dam. The views were incredible. The waterfalls and forest trails were so perfect. A nice moderate hike, that you can take at your own pace. We'll definitely be back!

Nice trail with good elevation changes for a shorter distance. We took our dog with us over the weekend and she loved the trail. We come here often, and even though it can be busy at times, it's always both a mentally relaxing and physically active hike that we thoroughly enjoy!

Such a great place to let nature take over your thoughts

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Great 1.5 hour hike on beautiful fall day.

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

The gorge trail was beautiful, even though there wasn't much water flowing. It was worth the drive and worth the effort. There was plenty of parking, nice bathrooms and a nice picnic area.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Beautiful trail, we started on the “gorge trail” which has 8 bridges that cross the dry creek. We did some creek walk but that was to get better pictures. Then we planned to go to the dam, but we never made it unless we just did not find it. We did not take the “north rim trail” back due to us looking for the dam and us ended up on the snowmobile trail to lope back. In total, it was a 5 miles loop around.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

One of my family's favorite hiking trails! We have been going for the past 4 years. My youngest was 4 when she started. Easy beautiful hike!

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Great hike. We took the gorge trail. Very scenic. Easy walk. Trail used to lead to dam and pond but no longer does. Beautiful walking path with several bridges. This is a state park so there is an entrance fee.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

We camped as well as hiked the north rim trail, south rim trail and part of the gorge trail. Beautiful trails nicely shaded but starting at north rim is pretty steep.

Friday, May 27, 2016

I had the best day hiking here. I love the slate rock formation.

Friday, April 29, 2016

Hiked the South Rim Trail which was pretty steep to the dam. then hiked the north rim trail back down to the park which was very steep towards the end decent. views are ok, however the gorge trail is closed. not sure when it will reopen but definitely plan on hiking it again!!!

Monday, February 22, 2016

One of my favorite hikes! The swimming hole feels amazing after a long hike! Strongly Recommend here! I believe there is an entrance fee however.

Friday, January 29, 2016

Stunning!! We first took the south rim trail and found out that it was a lot of work (pretty steep) for little reward (nothing to see) but when we went to the gorge trail we were blown away. Beautiful park. Looking forward to returning in the summer.

Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Great hike, and beautiful.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

It was beautiful, a really nice walk with the pup and my other half.

Friday, September 11, 2015

Beautiful trail, I really enjoyed this area. I am usually opposed to tourist type areas where I will run into a lot of people on the trail but I went during the week and only passed a couple of people the whole time. We brought our dog and he was able to be off leash and enjoy the outdoors a good majority of the time. My only complaint is that some of the gorge trail was shut down but I am hoping that will be cleared up for the next time I go back.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

well the bridge was closed from 4-5 so we drove to the damn to see that with a beautiful fall with a rainbow in the bottom then went back to see the rest of the Glen. was pretty, trail well marked no wondering allowed here at all

Sunday, May 03, 2015

Fantastic hike! I did it with my somewhat hiking experienced four year old and he required a snack half way but was able to do the whole hike! Beautiful! We will be returning ! Gorge trail is still closed though but I understand that it is being fixed (erosion problems)

Saturday, March 07, 2015

Another Beautiful Park with a lovely trail.

Monday, January 05, 2015

We love this park and this trail. The first time we were here was for a car show. We didn't even know there was a trail until we met some friends at the show who told us about the trail. After the show we hit the trail and were hooked. We have been back once more so far but plan on many more times in the future. Beautiful scenery, waterfalls, and trails are groomed well. It is a vigorous hike but very rewarding.

Monday, October 27, 2014

Beautiful day beautiful hike part of our Falls for the Fall Tour

Monday, September 08, 2014

The Gorge Trail is the best views-- takes you right along the river and all the falls are visible up close. Walked the Northern Rim on the way back, but only after doing a once-and-back to Old Gorge Trail and the Dam (would recommend, peaceful lake at the top). All in all did about 5 miles in the afternoon and definitely enjoyed it.

Only downside: a bit more statepark-ish than I typically like (lots of fencing and bridges and restrictive walls), but it wasn't too bad and it's only a preference. Overall a great hike!

Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Trails not open today but very pretty along the creek. Snow is almost all gone.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Enjoyed the trail but could of been a little harder for my liking. My dog Mack just loves going with me on Dog friendly trails. If your in the area, I would suggest visiting this trail with the nature you will see.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Gorge trail offers exploration of truly spectacular geology (only accessible May through Octoberish). There are plenty of nice water features, with eight picturesque bridge crossings to enjoy. Several places are very much worth stopping and taking the view in.

The North and South rim trails, while nicely maintained, aren't particularly impressive. No matter which trail you choose, plan for some steep pitches at times, with a lot of steps.