Fellows Falls Trail

Fellows Falls Trail is a 0.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tully, New York that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Use caution, as this hike requires skill, tenacity, and knowledge of how to traverse.

The other reviews in this thread are correct. 1.3 miles past the gps location there is a little parking area. The trek to get to the bottom of the falls was treacherous, but fun. Once we got to the bottom though there isn’t much to do but go back up. We decided to go up the hill instead of back up through the falls and take the road back to our car. There are very small trails that run through the upper ridges. But honestly, aside from some cool pictures I probably wont be back. It is a hard hike to get to the bottom and is very challenging, but it wasn’t anything spectacular.

Trail was rough as there wasn’t a trail. Waterfalls were pretty and it was definitely a workout!

1.3 miles to parking area was spot on. No visible trail to begin. Take the quick drop off in front of parking area and start hiking. Falls are right at the beginning. Go about 100 yards then you can start getting down towards the water. Rest of trail is roughly in the middle of the slope. You'll find it. Great hike!!!

If you put the address into your navigation system, it will get you close. Take Woodmancy Road 1.3 miles and there is a pull-off on the right. I have been described as a very experienced hiker, and this terrain is especially tricky. In autumn, wet leaves over crumbly shale on top of clay-like mud steep-sided ravine. I made it down and up without injury, but definitely requires skill, tenacity, and knowledge of how to traverse with multiple perils awaiting.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

I couldn't find the trail but found a pull in spot on the next road over. clim down looked iffy so we stayed at the top of the falls as I didn't have much time. Still very pretty. I would like to find the trail to the bottom. I'm going to go again next weekend earlier in the day so any help would be amazing.

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

there is so much more than meets the eye with this Trail. I ended up not finding the entrance point at first, but discovered quite a bit of other trails and cool things as I scrambled around. The Falls are beautiful but can be a very dangerous place if you are not careful.

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Great place, definitely not baby proof! Not the easiest trail but beautiful waterfall after waterfall. Start with the rocks by the culvert and just keep climbing down.

Sunday, January 10, 2016

This is a very pretty trail with beautiful waterfalls. I am a little confused about previous comments, and where they entered. I did not enter near the first roadside waterfalls, I entered at a trail about a half mile or so down the road past that, where there is a second roadside falls, where there is a parking area for about four vehicles. Not sure if this is still Fellows Falls or not, but I would consider this an easy to moderate trail, if you stay on the trail. If you do not stay on the trail, which I would not suggest, it would be difficult.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Nice creek walk after the initial scramble down the rocks courtesy of the town. It is a little steep getting to the base of the falls, but someone has tied ropes to the trees, so no problem. Gorgeous!

Friday, May 01, 2015

I don't know who said this was easy as by far it's NOT. One fall u can see from the road and climb down the rocks if ur very adventurous. Then ur to walk down the road a bit and take a path that ends and u find ur way down a dangerously steep hill to see fellows falls. I did NOT make it down there my man did and dislocated his shoulder in the process. Wld love to know if there's a better approach to seeing this fall as it shld be very difficult NOT easy.