Farmingville Hills County Park Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(93)
Farmingville Hills County Park

Farmingville Hills County Park Trail is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Farmingville, New York and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.2 miles Elevation Gain: 98 feet Route Type: Loop

Nice little trail. A couple pretty steep hills, sandy soil, follow the trail markers-lots of unmarked side trails.

The trail was steep in some spots unlike other places on LI. There were many different side trails to go on. Overall a great trail.

nice escape from long island. The hills make it seem more like you are hiking upstate. you can see houses from the trail quite often but its still nice.

Some hills are pretty steep. Walked through a handful of spider webs. Nothing really to see here. Tons of brush, trees, and some (*some*) decently made pathways. Saw a bunch of discarded trash here like tires, rusty box springs, plastic bags, metal pipes, even broken glass. Kind of a shame. Don’t go out of your way to travel here. If you live close by it’s okay for a quick run/walk. That’s really it. Wouldn’t go back honestly.

Meh. There are 2 parts where the hills are steep, but the rest is manageable. In a few places it is not so much a trail, but kind of a mini-wadi that looks carved out by running water when it rains. if you aren’t careful you could wrench an ankle on the loose sand and rocks. The area is right on the Ronkonkoma moraine and there is a 179 ft elevation gain which is unique for L.I. There are a few unmarked side trails but you don’t really get lost because they all connect back to the blazed trails. Is it scenic? No. The woods are kind of creepy actually. Prosser Pines is much prettier. Sorry. I guess I’m a hater.

A little buggy but a nice start to my hiking goals.

Clean and well kept trail, good short hike to do in the morning

Sat May 11 2019

Nice and easy warm up time to move up on my list

Sun Jan 13 2019

This trial is very well marked and has several good inclined hills. A bit sandy in some spots.

Fri Jan 04 2019

So much fun!!!! It’s like a roller coaster there are so many hills.

Mon Sep 17 2018

Lived near this park for years and finally got a chance to check it out. Nice little trail system with a couple of moderately challenging hills. Trail markings can be a little confusing but you are in the middle of suburbia so you shouldn't get lost. When we were there only saw one other group as we were first entering trails but tracks on trail appear to indicate it is well used.

Great little trail here in Brookhaven. Blue to the orange trail makes a nice morning hike/walk. A neighborhood park. Beware of a few spider webs lol.

Mon Jun 11 2018

Fri May 11 2018

Too sandy but a good workout.

Mon Jan 22 2018

Short trail. A couple of the steeper hills can be challenging. Hiking trails are well marked, (as well as most obstructions) with many unmarked offshoots, but it’s a relatively small patch of land, so I wouldn’t worry about getting lost. Good for light hiking or running.

Sun Jan 14 2018

A nice meander through the Long Island Hills. Missing some trail markers but easy enough to figure out.

Sun Jan 07 2018

I've lived next to these woods my entire life and only recently noted it was made into a county park. I love having hiking trails to take my dogs to within walking distance of my house but BEWARE- many many people disregard this rule and walk with their dogs off leash. I despise this as it makes it more difficult for people like me who have a leash aggressive dog and we DO NOT want to be approached by your off leash dog. Besides that, it is beautiful and there is a description at the entrance as to how to read the marked trees.

Sun Oct 22 2017

I’d have given it a 5, but the trail markings are confusing. BEWARE..Lots of hills.

Tue Aug 08 2017

As a Queens/LI guy, not dealing with the Jersey-NY bridge traffic nonsense on the weekend is refreshing. However, I felt like Joba Chamberlain in 2007 being attacked by midges the whole time on the trail. Time to get a flying insect predator in there!

Thu May 18 2017

I like these trails, they are mostly wide open and clean. they are a bit busy on the weekends but during the week they are quiet and peaceful. lots of birds.

Wed May 10 2017

Fun trail, it had multiple routes and plenty of room to explore.

Wed May 10 2017

nice trails, had a nice long walk. plenty of birds and wildlife, come have a good time

Sun Apr 02 2017

All trails are clearly marked. There are a few loops and hills. Nothing too difficult. Overall a nice trail close to home.

Sun Jan 29 2017

I was looking for a local trail to take my dog to, and everything seemed fine at first until I got deeper in. It's very easy to take a wrong turn because of all the off trail paths. Also while I was walking kids came through on their dirt bikes. They weren't any harm, but it's not something I want to encounter. I felt very uneasy being in there and accidentally found myself off the trail. And what spooked me the most is that I ended up getting to an area that I saw houses, it looked like it lead to a backyard. But I saw a missing persons sign and I had a bad feeling once I saw that and wanted to leave as soon as I could find the way out.