Fairport Reservoirs Trail

Fairport Reservoirs Trail is a 5.3 mile loop trail located near Victor, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This place might be in my top 5 for local hikes. It was beautiful! It could also be because it was the first nice day we had in a looooong time but it was still pretty even if it was really muddy. The other reviews are accurate - the trail isn't always easy to see. But if you use the app to track your trail it is fine, or if you just keep the pond to one side of you, you will be good. There is another starting point off Stirnie Road we passed - a bigger parking lot so that could be an option. It would also cut the hike down as getting to the pond and back was half the hike. Great area if you want to picnic, too. I highly recommend it.
** The way in AllTrails is closed May 1-31 for Turkey Season - and likely Oct threw Dec for other hunting seasons **

Does this park require permits?

We parked on the side of the road and made our way up the dead end road past the farm house.

There was a clear snowmobile trail to the right that we passed and continued down the road.

Beautiful area with plenty to see. In summer it must be lovely!

There is no indication that your in the right spot for the trail. Lucky for me there was someone already there who knew where to go. Your going to walk past the farm house and continue down the dirt road and the trail is off that. Unfortunately I was looking for a nice fall hike, but the trail had signs that it was closed due to hunting. I would suggest looking the trails up on a different source than this app cause they do not indicate weather or not the trails are open.I was not going to risk hiking it in hunting season, so I cannot fully review the trail.

Nice area to hike. There are many trails crossing this trail . However it is not well marked as to where each goes. With better signs would rate higher. It is easy to follow a trail if you know what color path you want.

It starts near a farm but you're at the right place! Didn't finish but got up to the apple farm and was certainly even nice up to there.

Monday, April 24, 2017

Was thrown off at first because trail starts near a farm house. Once I knew I was in the right spot it was a great hike. Great trail.

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Beautiful late autumn hike. Scenic, well-marked trail.

Monday, December 26, 2011