Eternal Flame Falls Trail

Eternal Flame Falls Trail is a 0.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near North Boston, New York that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.7 miles Elevation Gain: 104 feet Route Type: Loop

cave

Parking on the side of the road near the end trail is the shortest way into the falls. You can also park in the park and hike in from there.

Awesome trail to some cool but small falls, the flame is really cool. Take some of the other routes to the falls, (go right when you go into the park) the trails are well marked and make for a much better experience. Definitely wear hiking shoes, it can be slippy on the way to the falls and i witnessed lots of people fall because they’re wearing running shoes or fashion boots.

love this trail

This is a fairly short and easy trail, the eternal flame is nice and all but I like the other longer trails more. very clean, but does get crowded.

nice easy joke. We went on a drizzly day and crowds were light.

Very easy hike to see such an amazing sight

The flame was out when I reached the end of the trail, so make sure to bring a lighter with you just in case! Otherwise a beautiful and enjoyable hike

Small hike sometimes slippery and can be wet, best moment too visit is in the spring. It’s nice too see but I wouldn’t waste a full day too see it. It was on our way and a nice little stop, also a good warm up for a bigger hike.

Easy hike. Some beautiful spots but also not very well kept. I saw shoes and insoles too frequently for it to be rated with 5stars... the flame was nice though.

Fairly easy trail. A bit of a challenge with our arthritic knees during the descent but a great way to spend an hour or so. Saw a scarlet tanager, too!

very very easy trail, have been coming here since I was a child. super crowded now. lots of garbage littering the trail, filled with instagramers. the end is basically a line of people waiting to take a picture.

Very cool trail. Quite a bit of roots down to the creek bed, but easy to navigate. The water fall and flame was a really cool experience!

Muddy trail. Very cool eternal flame at end. Small but still cool to see for short hike. A lot of people had their dogs on trail.

Really easy hike. A little smelly because of the sulfur.

I love this trail, it’s probably my favorite moderate trail that’s super easy to get to from where I live. I see people with young children here all the time, and I just want to say that this trail is TOUGHER than people think. The descent to the creek is very steep, most of the time the creek bed is very flooded, and to get to the flame you basically have to crawl through a hole where trees have fallen over. You’re essentially guaranteed to get your feet wet. Trail can be semi-muddy depending on rain. Be careful!! But it’s gorgeous here, so worth seeing the eternal flame. I bring my dog here all the time and she loves sniffing around and playing in the water. We’ll always come back!

Trail was nicely marked and groomed . Lots of signs warned not to climb the waterfall as it’s dangerous. I decided to do so none the less. Not for the faint of heart, it’s a hard scramble to get up it but the walk back and being able to say “I did that” was well worth it. Proceed with your own judgement though, the water flow was low today and I wouldn’t have done it otherwise.

Poured out just prior to me hitting the trail so conditions were quite muddy but the waterfall was well worth getting dirty. Not the easiest trail, there are a lot of places where you have to climb over and under fallen trees and a lot of traffic but as I said before it is worth the trip. Extremely beautiful setting and very unique waterfall.