Erie Canalway Trail: Pittsford to Spencerport

Erie Canalway Trail: Pittsford to Spencerport is a 6.1 mile out and back trail located near Pittsford, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.1 miles Elevation Gain: 131 feet Route Type: Out & Back

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

Brought my electric scooter here. Nice easy ride. (Xiaomi M365) finishes with a cold beer and dinner.

Shared road with other walkers, bikers, skaters and folks with strollers. I kept finding myself having to walk off into grass to make room for clusters of bikes. I parked in Schoen Place and walked out to Lock 33 and back (Lock 32 is about midway). It’s just about 7 miles round trip. All in all a lovely walk-just be aware of shared path and you should be fine. Reward yourself with ice cream or lunch in Schoen Place after.

Sunday, April 22, 2018

When I lived in Rochester, this was one of my favorite places to go walk. Sometimes, I'd walk out to the Abbott's in Bushnell's Basin and back!

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

a nice pleasant hike. Very nice scenery and quite. I will definitely be back.

Monday, August 07, 2017

It's great when you aren't being stared at. I just want to enjoy my hike. Let's not make it weird as if brown ppl don't hike

Friday, April 14, 2017

Nice and clean trail to walk on. Great part was all the shopping and restaurant you can stop by in town area.

Friday, June 10, 2016

Beautiful leisurely bike ride that collides with wonderful places to eat and drink!

Monday, April 25, 2016

We walk these trails from lock 33 towards Schoen Place and back and it is breathtaking in every season. Also the kayaking around Fairport Lock 30 is highly recommended.

Thursday, October 08, 2015

I like to bike (or walk, if I'm too lazy to load the bike in the car) the canal any chance I get, and this is one of the best sections of it. This stretch is mostly flat and gravel covered, perfect for walking, jogging, or biking, but probably a little too rough for rollerblades (do people still rollerblade?), though it does tend to be paved around the towns. This stretch is heavily used, especially on weekends, but the trail is wide enough that bikes can pass pedestrians easily and safely.

Friday, November 08, 2013

I have both walked, biked and in-line skated (when I had the ability) this trail for years. The parts between Pittsford and the city are paved and have some hills, but is generally easy to navigate and pretty flat for long stretches. There are all sorts of sights to see and the path gets fairly heavy traffic in spring, summer and fall. It runs through towns and parks and there are places to picnic and/or restaurants in walking proximity to the trail. Once outside the city headed toward Spencerport, the path is gravel. For the bird lovers, there are some nesting herons along this path, lots of ducks and some migrating geese. Along parts of this trail, I've seen rabbits and fox too, but they are generally in stretches that are well outside Rochester.

Monday, September 17, 2018