Echo Cliff via Panther Mountain Trail

Echo Cliff via Panther Mountain Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Piseco, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1 hour ago

This was a short hike with a couple of sections that were somewhat steep but close to the summit was a nice rock scramble. There wasn't really any views cause the summit was socked in. I will definitely do this hike again.

Beautiful!

Trail is currently very muddy at times. A great shorter hike with a great view. Our party had 3 adults, a dog, and 2 kids ages 3 and 7. It took us a little over an hour to the summit where we had a picnic. Great hike for the family!

we did this trail on January 20th 2017. I absolutely would not classify this as "hard" however it was a good little hike and it did get failry steep.. it was a little icy, but with a good pair of snowshoes its no problem. the end of the trail has some character to it so it made the steepest part actually the most fun!
enjoy it though its fun and has a great lookout and view!

A lot harder than I had originally read on another website. I am a bit out of shape, but it was Beautiful though.

Amazing view very rewarding!!!

This trail is definitely not "easy". The last stretch is all uphill and very rocky. The view at the top is absolutely worth it though.

Not a difficult hike...also the true summit of Panther mtn is a bushwack off the marked trail to Echo Cliffs and has a rock ledge just below the summit with an amazing view

Nice hike. About 700 foot elevation change in less then a mile. Short hike but good little workout. Nice view at the top. Directions from the app took me by the trailhead. I noticed the trailhead sign and circled back. The trailhead sign also says .6 miles it is actually .9.

A hike that gets more difficult as you go. Some tough but doable climbing as you near the top. A great view and a curious chipmunk await you when you get there.

This is as others have said a trail that takes some effort. However the view at the top is well worth it. I took my family of 3 boys 7,9 and 14 and they loved the hike. Take it slowly and anyone can make it to the top.

Short, steep and breathtaking.