Echo Cliff via Panther Mountain Trail

Echo Cliff via Panther Mountain Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Piseco, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Not a long hike but definitely a challenge! For most of the way up, it’s a steady incline to keep the heart pumping. The last quarter or so of the trail is quite steep. There are a few tall rocks to climb over. The view is definitely worth it! The way down is a bit challenging in spots. I would do it again.

My favorite hike! It’s nice and short. A perfect hike for a little work out that anyone can handle.

Magic hour at sunrise. Got up before dawn for this hike, took about 30 minutes at a steady pace with no stops. I had the whole cliff to myself. Encountered hummingbirds and chipmunks while I saw and ate my breakfast.

Absolutely beautiful!

Only gave 4 stars because of how busy the trail was. Beautiful views after a steep hike. Very dog friendly!

Cliffs were pretty crowded but the view of Piseco Lake was spectacular. Steep trail and even though the distance is short, you will work to get to the top.

I really enjoyed this hike. It’s short in distance, but you feel it with the fairly steep incline. Views from the top are beautiful. I would recommend to others interested in a quick hike, that’s well-worth your time.

Absolutely incredible hike. If you set a brisk pace you can be up to the cliffs in 25 minutes, even if you are not in the best of shape. That being said it is quite taxing at times and is without question one of the more strenuous hikes in this region of the Adirondacks. But is the view from the top is worth it and then some. Piseco lake is simply breathtaking, and the mountains in the distance are awe-inspiring. The trail is also in very nice shape. Children could also successfully do this, provided they were supervised at the cliffs. Not to be missed!

A nice little hike up to a beautiful overlook.

Nostalgia! Been hiking this trail annually as long as I can remember, hasn’t changed a bit! A little muddy at the start and buggy in those areas, but as long as you keep moving they don’t bother you.
Short and easy, took me about 30 min to top, enjoyed the view for a bit and about 20 min coming down. (Although you definitely could take your time and make the way up a solid 45-60 min)
Surprisingly few people on the trail despite the beautiful weather and even had the cliff top to myself!
Great for families and beginners who want the satisfaction of a summit.

Short hike to the top. Once you're there, the views of the lake are wonderful. It is a great hike for those just starting out on more challenging terrain.

Beautiful trail!
It only took me 30 min to the top and it was a beautiful view I came up to!

It was a tough hike but it was totally worth it! Amazing views at the top!

Completed June 2017. Great views. Nice lunch spot at the top. Some scrambling, but very minor.

Awesome short trail. Great view! Done this several times. On to the next. 46ers here I come

Amazing view from the top. Hiking could be challenging for some people. I would definitely recommend to other people.

Vabz

Great hike! short in distance was about .7 miles up... slow incline for the start .3 miles then lots of incline and steep right at the top... lots of fun, built in rock steps and tons of cool trees, it was fairly easy for my dog ! Had to help him up one of the rock parts that was steep. AMAZING view and worth it all. One of my favorites for sure.

Brought a group of 5 hikers with different experience levels, we took our time but had a wonderful time. It does get quite steep at some parts but the few from the top is beautiful. I think we spent a good half an hour up there just taking in the beauty.

Love this hike-have been doing it annually for years. Great views for minimal effort. Would definitely not rate it is hard. A little steep at the top but nothing that anyone in halfway decent physical shape couldn't handle. Family friendly and good for all ages.

great hike all year.

Sweet views for very little work! Steep near the top.

Great hike. Short trek to the cliffs with a beautiful view of the Piseco lake and spy lake. Most of the hike is up hill with rocks mud and tree roots. Take your time and you will be fine.

Nice trek. Took us about 30 min each way. Great rocks at the summit to chill and enjoy the view of Piseco Lake. Seems to be family friendly because we passed lots of families with young children. Rocks and roots make for natural steps.

Thursday, August 17, 2017

My niece, beagle/basset and I hiked this Tuesday. It was far from where we live, but well worth the drive! Beautiful view at the top and a lot of interesting sites along the trail!!!

Friday, August 11, 2017

It was a great day and view!

Friday, August 04, 2017

My 70-year old parents and I did this hike and it was slow-going, especially at the hard part near the top, but we all made it and the views at the top were well-worth it! Fairly crowded and lots of kids and dogs on the trail, also pretty buggy, but beautiful woods and fun climb!

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Good hike. Certainly would not rate as Hard. Did the hike with two children ages 4 & 6 and they had no trouble.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Short hike with great reward, incline can be difficult for those who do not hike regularly.

Saturday, July 15, 2017

I wouldn't consider this a hard hike maybe moderate. It's a fun little hike with a great view at the end.

Monday, June 26, 2017

Very solid hike. Can get wet. Rewarding view at the top.