East-West and Drumlin Trail

East-West and Drumlin Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Wolcott, New York that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

beach

Parking

We did this trail on Saturday 8/18/18. It is being used at the detour for the Chimney Bluffs trail. You can access a small section of the Bluffs Trail from here. It is a very easy trail, great for families with kids.

Amazing trail, very well kept and maintained, definitely lots of wildlife and for being so close to the lake and Sodus Point it's very secluded and really makes you feel you're out in the middle if nowhere!

Took a detour trail, as the Bluff trail is closed, led me on the drumlin trail and it was beautiful! Still a great over look of the bluffs and the shore, and an easy hike as well!

trails are closed due to erosion. but the views from the lakeshore is beautiful.

Plenty of views of the lake with opportunity for some awesome pictures. Fairly easy going, and would recommend this!

Thursday, December 07, 2017

Visiting family for Thanksgiving, we went on a whim and very glad we did. We walked the bluffs then the beach back to the parking lot. Great views, really enjoyed it.

Saturday, November 04, 2017

Totally surreal and a great workout! Love it!

Sunday, October 22, 2017

I loved it.

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Great views, many trail options and a variety of surfaces. Beautiful in the fall. Loved hearing the waves crash from the trail. Walked along the shore afterwards to get a different view of the bluffs. Dog friendly (she had a great time too)

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Nice walk. It took about 1.5 hours. Bluffs are neat. We walked the trail close to the bluffs and returned along the shore.

Sunday, October 01, 2017

Decent trail and can be fun along the edge. The trail has one hill but is basically easy overall. Three bluffs are unique. I went with a big group and everyone wanted to take 100 pictures. Good place to go if you want to see something different. If you are looking for a hike this is alright.

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Beautiful!! Loved this area!!

Thursday, September 14, 2017

fairly easy hike with some overgrowth, beautiful views of the lake and the bluffs are ever changing

Saturday, September 09, 2017

Easy short trail very cool.

Monday, September 04, 2017

Awesome trails and amazing views!

Monday, September 04, 2017

My posse did the Bluffs trail and then dropped down onto the beach and walked back along the shore to our starting point. There's a place to climb up at the end of the beach that cuts back to the main trail. Beautiful views, but heavily trafficked (most likely due to the holiday weekend).

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Great views the entire way! Only two pretty good climbs otherwise an easy trail!

Monday, July 31, 2017

great place all around. my kids loved it, my dog loved it and it was an amazing view from the trail. I've gone since I was a little kid and It will definitely give me memories for a life time. only down is I wish people would pick up after themselves, found way to much trash :(

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Beautiful park. Nice, family friendly hike. Walked trail in, then walked in the water below bluffs back. Picnic in the park. Perfect day.

Saturday, July 22, 2017

This trail has some really spectacular views of the lake and bluffs! The hike is pretty easy.. a couple steep areas so wear good shoes.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Beautiful vistas. Welcoming picnic benches with gorgeous views of the lake. Clean bathrooms. Trail along the rim was scary at times. Many deep muddy areas in the trail so be prepared. We took our 2 dogs and would not recommend taking them along the rim trail as the edge is less than a foot from the trail in many areas. No fences. Trails off of the main ridge trail are not well marked. Overall well worth the trip and effort and I'd do it again.

Friday, June 09, 2017

The picnic tables and grilling area is great and has some nice views of the lake, but the trail itself is nothing special. It's exceptionally muddy (far beyond other trails after the same amount of rain), and the trails aren't all easy to follow or well labeled. It's marked as dog friendly, but hiking the bluffs trail with my well-behaved dog felt terribly dangerous in many sections; several times, the trail is right up against a cliff with only a foot or a foot and a half of room between the cliff and trees. I absolutely would not bring a dog here ever again. And honestly, even after that somewhat treacherous hike, the views weren't anything all that special. Nice enough, sure, but after seeing all of the positive reviews everywhere, I was very disappointed.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Honestly an easy hike minus the mud!! I decided to hike last minute in my berkenstocks...the first half of the trail was crazy easy... then came the mud!!! Seriously the whole other half of the loop was just pure mud!
For my full review subscribe to my blog
www.wandering-dog.com

Monday, May 01, 2017

I wasn't prepared for the hike (didn't say you had to hike to the spot on the website) and came at a late time, but still cool to see, especially in New York. took us about 30 mins to get to. planning on going back earlier in the day and getting a better view or kayaking to get another point of view

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

This trail has amazing viewpoints. You might want to avoid hiking on this trail in the winter because this place is very windy.

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Beautiful area

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Beautiful park/hike with lots of varying scenes. Go early as the trail does get crowded. The Bluffs are enhanced with Lake Ontario.

Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Great views of Lake Ontario. It was a little muddy but it rained the last two days.

Monday, September 19, 2016

I've lived in upstate New York all life, and never appreciated the sheer beauty of Lake Ontario, until I hiked chimney bluffs.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Good hike. Very easy for the majority.