East Esker Trail is a 5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Honeoye Falls, New York that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 5.0 miles Elevation Gain: 574 feet Route Type: Loop

Trailhead is on the north side of Pond Rd, between the intersections of Douglas Rd & Pittsford-Mendon Rd. The parking area is small with a Posted Brown Wooden sign "Horse Trailer Parking" or something similar. This is a nice run with a lot of elevation changes, some of the hills are steep and in wet conditions deep lugged trail shoes are recommended. Pay close attention to the green markers as many have gotten lost on this run/hike.

Clearly marked and easy to navigate Trail. A few inclines throughout, but spaced out enough to not get overwhelmed.

Great trail, well maintained and blazed. Steep inclines/dips in some areas so wear your good hiking boots. I do this trail once a week, its just lovely!

I love this trail. I added some of the blue trail to try and end with 7 miles. I came close.

Beautiful morning hike, just woodsy enough to be a hike and not a walk, but by no means hard to complete 5 miles. It was pretty dry, but parts look like it could get rough after rains.

many side trails made it confusing as to how to follow the loop, but gorgeous and a good workout

recorded East Esker Trail

Actually 5.1. Signs say 4.7 Adolph made it!

Great hike and a good workout! Very well marked. I’ll be back!

Great trail very well marked and maintained.

With L&kids

East Esker with North Meadow Loop add on. Nice hike, a cold snowy day in mid April. Not much mud at all, very few people out.

East esker with north meadow loop add on

Great trail. Definitely was a workout.

Great Trail! A bit of a challenge, the views are stunning and the sounds of nature dominate.

Nice paths. Brought our dogs and ended up pulling out 2 ticks so far. Another couple said they had the same issue the day prior as well.

Loved this hike! Nice trails, well maintained. Will do again!!

Sunny Pandemic Sunday - nice escape with my two labs. #nocoronaforme

Great trail, very well marked and maintained. There are a few offshoots to other trails but for the most part you’re just following the green markings. There were a few spots damp from the rain last night, but it was by no means muddy. (my boots are still clean) The trail drains very well, any part that could get bad is covered with stone. Very wide trail for the most part not much single-track. Commonly trafficked.

icy

Would say this is a more easy to moderate hike. It will definitely get your heart rate up but it’s nothing too crazy. It was gorgeous today but a little slushy in some spots. Great for an afternoon hike!

Remember there are ticks anytime it’s above freezing

This is one of my favorite trails in Rochester. It’s a really great trail for a workout! My pup and I hike it together and it’s the perfect distance, difficulty and challenge for us with lots of beautiful trees and views. At one point you can head across a road and get a bonus view of the big pond and all the trees across it. There was some mud and in summer especially there are parts that are extremely overgrown. Definitely want the tick spray on you for this hike!

Great for running or hiking. Lots of elevation changes with beautiful scenery. I'd say like 3/5 people I came across had their dogs with them so it was nice to have a friendly visit from a 4 legged friend while I was hiking alone. Also came across some hoof prints along the trail and eventually caught up to the riders by the soccer fields so use caution if you're running as to not spook them!

I took the dog out on this trail for an afternoon hike. We lucked into warm beautiful weather and the trail gave us ample opportunity to enjoy both the sunshine and some shade. This trail is mostly through wooded areas with a few spots that pop out next to the road. While definitely a trail filled with hills, overall it wasn’t too challenging, just enough to break a sweat. I will say I kept waiting for some sort of hidden gem moment around each bend. There is no waterfall as some others have mentioned and no real spectacular moments. Overall it’s a pleasant walk through the woods that will let you break a sweat and get away for a little bit.

Lovely, well-marked trail. Did 5 miles in just under two hours with plenty of stops to look at flowers, bugs, etc. Would be great for trail running and dogs, although we didn't bring ours.

Very nice park. However, when I was there in July the bugs were brutal. I’m looking forward to returning soon for a (hopefully) less buggy experience.

What a great trail! Well marked and fairly well maintained. I was pleasantly surprised to find the majority was in the woods. Followed the green signs and was almost 5 miles on the nose