Earl Cardot Eastside Overland Trail

Earl Cardot Eastside Overland Trail is a 17.5 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Sinclairville, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

Took my dog to this trail multiple times! Super easy to follow, rocky/grass trail. There are multiple entrances and places to park, so many options to vary your route!

if interested I put up a video of us doing the full 18.85 miles as a multi day point to point trip. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YuTNTIGM-w&t=2s

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

I love this trail!!! I've been hiking it for years starting at all different spots. It's great for a quick hike or an over night at the lean-tos. I have never did the whole thing, but hope to some day.

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

We did the entire trail 19 miles starting at V and ending at A. My favorite parts were v-r and again at the end f-a. There was a nice lean-to camping site at the end overlooking a pond. The view is beautiful. There were nice parts in the middle of the trail (when you were in the woods) but a lot of it was on roads. Also R-O is completely on roads and there were many dogs that came out at us - some friendly - some not. So be careful.
When we were on the trail and not on roads the trail was well marked and maintained.
I would never do the whole thing again. Just parts of it.

Monday, May 18, 2015

We Just did this trail from the south parking lot at "U" heading to the lean too site. We backpacked and stayed at a pond near "L". While heading that way there's a majority of tail that's on the roadways. The rest of the trail was more in the woods with only small road hiking. There's 2 lean too's at the site. Two steep hills that I recall. but mostly flat. With good boots it was more than good enough to hike in mid May.