Double Drop Falls (2 falls)

Double Drop Falls (2 falls) is a 2.1 mile out and back trail located near Phelps, New York that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and downhill skiing and is best used from March until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.1 miles Elevation Gain: 49 feet Route Type: Out & Back

skiing

Knew this would be a short hike, so we went this evening even though it was starting to rain. Nice little easy hike. This hike follows a rail trail and we were able to walk down to the stream in several places— a highlight for our 5 year old hiker. Will definitely do it again.

I assume I was at the right trail. When I used the directions I didn’t see any maps appear on my app. But I’m pretty sure we were on the right trail! The sign said it was the Finger Lakes Trail. Anyway it was a nice hike in to the falls.

old rail trail is wide and flat. beautiful little falls and water throughout. Geocaching on trail too.

Sun Oct 07 2018

Fun as an easy walk, nice water features.

Sat Aug 25 2018

My wife, daughter and I walked this trail today. Very user friendly. It was more of a stone path than a trail. The falls are not that far in and they are just off the stone path. You have to cross a small waterway that’s lined with stone so you can do this easily with kids it’s about 4 or 5 feet wide. We walked about 2.2 miles out before turning around and heading back. Great views and definitely kid friendly.

Fri May 18 2018

Not a hiking trail, but it's easy to walk for children or pet-walking.

Tue Sep 26 2017

So where it is marked is a little miss leading. You will park at the Pathways entrance but a little down it splits off to this one which is a side trail running closer to the water. Other than that the trails (Pathways and Double) are nice. I wouldn't suggest taking young kids on the Double because you have to cross part of the river/stream but it is actually nice.

Sun Jun 25 2017

easy hike, nice views, good for dogs and kids.

Sun Jun 25 2017

Super easy walk. Not so much a hike. Perfect for running and for kids. Lovely stream and beautiful woods. Nice and relaxing. Perfect for a picnic.

Sat Sep 24 2016

great trail for kids.

Wed Sep 07 2016

Easy trail. Great for kids and dogs.

Sat Aug 20 2016

A cute trail, I walked the first 2 miles then turned around starting in Phelps. Very covered by trees but pretty views along the way. In order to see the falls you must go down closer to the water but they're pretty.