Devil's Hole and Whirlpool Trail

Devil's Hole and Whirlpool Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lewiston, New York that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until September.

1 hour ago

I enjoyed this hike. The trail is easy to follow and marked very well. Mostly the trail is very easy but sections from past rock slides makes the trail very uneven and rocky. The Niagara River is incredibly impressive and because of this one should not miss this hike.

Beautiful!!

No better way to get a perspective of the gorge and the stairs toward the power station take great pictures!

A very straightforward trail full of picturesque moments for capturing the power of the Niagara River. If you stray from the paths watch your footing, the rocks/boulders can be loose and jagged, but they'll lead you to some amazing sun bathing spots on the enormous slabs of stone. At the farthest end of the trail, you'll be able to look across the water at the intact Canadian side with their viewing platform.

Not too challenging, my wife and I did this trail on our honeymoon and we had never tried a hiking trail before. Don't get me wrong, we were definitely dead by the end, but we were able to finish it. Absolutely beautiful.