Devil's Hole and Whirlpool Trail

Devil's Hole and Whirlpool Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lewiston, New York that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

awesome beautiful hike

great trail. some spots are steep with lose rocky terrain. mind your step. the river will take your life if you fall in. people all over the world underestimate its powerful currents and whirl pools. they don't call it devils hole for no reason. all in all, respect where you are and enjoy it.

I really enjoyed the trail. It was fairly quiet with the exception of the jet boat tours. The stairs were mildly strenuous. We did run into an eastern massasauga rattlesnake that was only inches from the trail. While I was able to get a great picture, it definitely had us looking down the rest of our time on the trail. Overall I highly reccomend!

great trail, good views and a nice workout. can't wait to this trail again!

Great trail and views!

Beautiful top and water level views of Niagra River. Short but strenuous up and down. Only issue was loud boats going and up and down rapids that cut in to the serenity of it all.

Great views and fun trail with some boulders and variety

Great place to hike. Very clean and well marked!

Easy walk. Great for dogs

gorgeous,fabulous view . we are so glad did this hike . can't be better.

Probably the best local trial that I've hiked. Beautiful scenery and well marked.

Hiked here for my first time today and it was stunning!

One of my favorite hikes. The challenge is the newly rebuilt staircase and the rest is easy. The devil's hole cave is a must see. Read up on the history of this place as it makes the hike more interesting!

I enjoyed this hike. The trail is easy to follow and marked very well. Mostly the trail is very easy but sections from past rock slides makes the trail very uneven and rocky. The Niagara River is incredibly impressive and because of this one should not miss this hike.

Beautiful!!

No better way to get a perspective of the gorge and the stairs toward the power station take great pictures!

A very straightforward trail full of picturesque moments for capturing the power of the Niagara River. If you stray from the paths watch your footing, the rocks/boulders can be loose and jagged, but they'll lead you to some amazing sun bathing spots on the enormous slabs of stone. At the farthest end of the trail, you'll be able to look across the water at the intact Canadian side with their viewing platform.

Not too challenging, my wife and I did this trail on our honeymoon and we had never tried a hiking trail before. Don't get me wrong, we were definitely dead by the end, but we were able to finish it. Absolutely beautiful.