David Weld Sanctuary Tour

David Weld Sanctuary Tour is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near St James, New York that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

beach

50 minutes ago

It was very nice. The trails had several openings to the sound and the views were beautiful.

Nice walk in the woods with water views . Well marked and trail is much longer then showed .

nice but not challenging trail. scenery makes up for the mildness.

It was beautiful, peaceful when I first arrived. Saw many chipmunks However, There were so many trails I didn't know which one led me to the beach. I hiked for a long time and literally hit dead ends twice that led me to streets!!! I eventually took one back to my truck. I will go back another day and try again to find the trail that leads to the beach. I'm determined .

Not as great as everyone makes it out to be. Not challenging.

This trail is insanely confusing and Poorly kept. I don't suggest it at all.

The views are gorgeous here and the walk is pretty easy. You need to wear some good bug spray though, I picked up 2 ticks the first time and 4 the second despite staying on the trail and wearing bug spray.. needless to say, I'm not going back. As a disclaimer though, I was wearing sweatpants both times and the people I was with were in shorts and they didn't get a single one even though they had no bug spray on. I also heard that ticks were supposed to be terrible this summer all over so maybe that was it, but I doubt it as I haven't had problems with other trails.

I really like this trail. There's often deer and the view from the bluffs is superb. Definitely a nice place to sit and hang out for a while. The parking situation is terrible though - only 6 spots and nowhere nearby to park aside from the parking lot without getting ticketed and due to its out-of-the-way location for most people, you can waste a lot of time coming here and finding out you can't do the trail.

First time here! Very nice walk. Could be a little better marked as we got turned around a bit.

Enjoyable time

Amazing!!

Saturday, September 03, 2016

Absolutely beautiful even on a cloudy day

Tuesday, July 26, 2016