David Weld Sanctuary Tour

David Weld Sanctuary Tour is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near St James, New York that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

beach

The views are gorgeous here and the walk is pretty easy. You need to wear some good bug spray though, I picked up 2 ticks the first time and 4 the second despite staying on the trail and wearing bug spray.. needless to say, I'm not going back. As a disclaimer though, I was wearing sweatpants both times and the people I was with were in shorts and they didn't get a single one even though they had no bug spray on. I also heard that ticks were supposed to be terrible this summer all over so maybe that was it, but I doubt it as I haven't had problems with other trails.

I really like this trail. There's often deer and the view from the bluffs is superb. Definitely a nice place to sit and hang out for a while. The parking situation is terrible though - only 6 spots and nowhere nearby to park aside from the parking lot without getting ticketed and due to its out-of-the-way location for most people, you can waste a lot of time coming here and finding out you can't do the trail.

First time here! Very nice walk. Could be a little better marked as we got turned around a bit.

Enjoyable time

Amazing!!

Absolutely beautiful even on a cloudy day

it's a shame that people had to ruin this hiking trail for others. I got a ticket because I didn't think it was a big deal to park there for a small hike after work but now I understand. People are idiots and ruin the nice things we have left in this world. please if you go here be respectful. but also just a warning YOU WILL GET A TICKET IF YOU ARE HERE PAST 5. Beautiful place, great hike, map is a bit confusing but other than that this place just needs a better place to park.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Friday, April 29, 2016

Thursday, April 21, 2016

was able to get a spot in the parking lot. views of the ocean were beautiful and the park was very nice but when I got back to my car I had a parking ticket. no clue why!

Monday, April 18, 2016

Unfortunately there is only parking for 6 cars so couldn't get in. Alternatively we drove down to Short Beach and hiked passed this trail on the beach - amazing views.

Saturday, April 16, 2016