David Weld Sanctuary Tour

David Weld Sanctuary Tour is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near St James, New York that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

beach

Nice for a leisurely stroll.

This is a nice hike that leads to some views of the water. Pretty good distance and great for all ages. It’s also lovely in the summer months.

It was very nice. The trails had several openings to the sound and the views were beautiful.

Nice walk in the woods with water views . Well marked and trail is much longer then showed .

nice but not challenging trail. scenery makes up for the mildness.

It was beautiful, peaceful when I first arrived. Saw many chipmunks However, There were so many trails I didn't know which one led me to the beach. I hiked for a long time and literally hit dead ends twice that led me to streets!!! I eventually took one back to my truck. I will go back another day and try again to find the trail that leads to the beach. I'm determined .

Not as great as everyone makes it out to be. Not challenging.

This trail is insanely confusing and Poorly kept. I don't suggest it at all.

The views are gorgeous here and the walk is pretty easy. You need to wear some good bug spray though, I picked up 2 ticks the first time and 4 the second despite staying on the trail and wearing bug spray.. needless to say, I'm not going back. As a disclaimer though, I was wearing sweatpants both times and the people I was with were in shorts and they didn't get a single one even though they had no bug spray on. I also heard that ticks were supposed to be terrible this summer all over so maybe that was it, but I doubt it as I haven't had problems with other trails.

I really like this trail. There's often deer and the view from the bluffs is superb. Definitely a nice place to sit and hang out for a while. The parking situation is terrible though - only 6 spots and nowhere nearby to park aside from the parking lot without getting ticketed and due to its out-of-the-way location for most people, you can waste a lot of time coming here and finding out you can't do the trail.

First time here! Very nice walk. Could be a little better marked as we got turned around a bit.

Enjoyable time