Crescent Trail

Crescent Trail is a 16.9 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Perinton, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

old growth

private property

There are several ways to access the trail. Please see this page for more info http://www.crescenttrail.org/trail-info.html

Being from Fairport this was kinda on my bucket list to do. Hiked 20 miles total according to my friends tracker which seemed more accurate, just over 19 on AllTrails so I'll call it close to 20. The first part by Dudley/Northside was too wet to cross. We tried building a bridge and when we got to where we thought it was drier... there was just more water. So we walked along the road to get past it. We did an extra blue loop as well. The trails are inconsistently marked - sometimes every tree is marked and some times it takes a bit to find one. And multiple shades of orange were used. Probably should have started at the hilly area but I like a challenge. Some road walking but how can you walk 20 miles in Fairport without crossing roads? The part along Turk Hill was the only part that was remotely nerve racking. People were flying down that road. There are some really beautiful parts to this trail and I am extremely glad I did it. I might make it an annual event.

Very nice trail, it was very wet like ever other trail this year.