Cranberry Pond is a 4.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Greece, New York that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

city walk

Skip this one. As others have said, it disappears 100 yards in. Shame, someone put a lot of work into this at one time. Wish I lived closer I’d take a shot at bringing it back.

Awful trail. Not maintained, not well marked whatsoever. Agree that you should bring a weed wacker to go on this trail. Looks like it could have been a great hike and so disappointed that we turned back after into it for about half mile. I get my boys to hike with me every summer and this was a bust. Looks like it might have been an eagle scout project. Unfortunately, it was a "one and done"... finish the project and then no one takes care of it. :(

Thursday, September 07, 2017

Truly awful! Parked at the main park, and followed the signs for Cranberry Pond trails. A huge downed tree blocked the path. We climbed over it and then had to cross a busy road to continue. The trail was absolutely impassable in the other side of the road. It was completely blocked by thorns and brambles. You would need a weedwhacker or a machete to keep going. Not sure why this trail seems to have been completely abandoned. I went this spring and it was open.

Sunday, August 02, 2015