Cougar Hill

Cougar Hill is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Chester, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Cougar Hill and the Nature Trail are part of the Chester Challenge. The trail head is easily found in the parking lot of the North Warren Central School. Fairly easy hike, it does have 1 steep ascent if you take the right path. You can follow the cross country ski signs to take the easier trail to the top. There is another nature trail that insects the Cougar Hill trail. The nature hike has many informational signs to read as you follow the trail.

Part of the Chester Challenge 2nd trail for our family Although the hike was nice the trails are quite confusing They are well maintained, the view on top was ok but pretty obstructed.

I'm trying to get the Chester Challenge finished and this trail was easy considering my bum knees, but I push through. I did the Eagle and Cougar trails. Nice, peaceful hike.

Beautiful little area. Strange maps. Short hike good for a quick outing.

I recorded the Cougar Hill loop, but I also walked on about 1/2 of the nature trail. Easy hike around the loop, trail is clearly marked. The mosquitoes were out, there is a lot of streams and water. Seems like a trail I'd like to come back to in the winter and try cross country skiing.