Corbin Hill and Pawling Nature Reserve via Appalachian Trail

Corbin Hill and Pawling Nature Reserve via Appalachian Trail is a 12.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pawling, New York that features a lake. The trail is only recommended for very experienced adventurers offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

WONDERFUL hike, need to come back and complete, just did 4 hours round trip, nice challenge , my legs are definitely taking to me! Lol

very fine tracking course, but should think of time. it took almost 5 hours to complete in a fast pace.

In and out Appalachian Trail at Pawling Nature reserve starts along a beautiful boardwalk to woods to cow pastures to rock scramble to cats rock overlook.
You can shorten trip to cats rock by starting at W Dover Road

...I only went about 1.5 miles in because I was short on time, but it's great having a hike like this so accessible both by car and train. It's a good mix of hills with some flatter sections.

I live 15 minutes from this trailhead and it's by far one of my favorite hikes around. Hiked up Cat Rocks from W. Dover Rd on my birthday in January to watch the sunrise. Have also made the trip from both ends..Metro North Station and Route 55. I highly recommend this wonderful hike

We only did 7 miles from the train station to Cat Rocks and back but well worth the trip! Had some nice variety along the way and Cat Rocks is a great spot to have a snack and enjoy the view over the valley before headed back or going ahead further on the trail.

Monday, May 01, 2017

Great 5 Miles Hike

Monday, June 20, 2016

Awesome, great scenery and hike

Thursday, April 07, 2016

Great and varied hike. Fun spot for a picnic!

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Really enjoyed it, what and awesome hike! We did the first 2 peaks- then turned around. So I think
It was 3.4 in and 3.4 out?
Anyway- if you start right at the Appalachian train stop and start going you'll have a blast

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Great views the whole way

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Had an excellent time here. I love the AT because of how well kept it is. Great hiking for just about anybody!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

A nice, easy afternoon. Prepare for mud. Diverse foliage & terrain. Good wildlife. Saw a coyote when I was there. Bring binoculars. Plenty of places to rest, eat & relax. A good trip for beginners.

Sunday, July 02, 2017