Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Connetquot River State Park Preserve

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(216)
Bohemia County Park

Connetquot River State Park Preserve is a 3 mile loop trail located near Bohemia, New York and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and horses and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.0 miles Elevation Gain: 39 feet Route Type: Loop

Great local hike. Fun to walk along the mossy edge of the stream leading to the hatchery.

It's always nice to come here, so many chipmunks, birds, geese, etc. Use caution when you come here because when I left the other day I had a lonestar tick on me. There are signs everywhere about trucks but this is the first time it happened.

Trail was nicely marked, great for all skill levels. Beautiful scenery

Enjoyed a wonderful hike by myself and felt safe, absolutely gorgeous views... A beautiful Red tailed Hawk flew right in front of me and perched on a limb near the trail and hung out looking around for a while, not even bother be me or other onlookers who walked up, as if he was letting us all enjoy his beauty. Walked out onto a small pier to see a man fly fishing in the water, what a relaxing peaceful sport. So many water views and so much beauty, highly recommend it. I have heard plenty people complain about ticks, thankfully I had none on me, that I know of, but I use a tape roller when I get back to the car to hopefully get them off my clothes, and there was no sign of ticks on me. So I recommend this trail but beware of the ticks

This would be a great place if you didn’t leave covered in ticks- both deer ticks and regular ticks. This was not wild off the beaten path hiking either. This was middle of the trail avoiding any grass hiking. COVERED

well kept and interesting for Long Island...even in the rain

Beautiful day for a hike, Easter Sunday, sunny 60s not too crowded. Enjoyed the walk and able to view Trout at the hatchery. Enjoyable family fun.

Short hike from the north entrance on Vets hwy and back. Nice pond and bridge system. Good hike

Loved this so many beautiful spots along the hike - a really nice surprise! Trail markings are a bit confusing we came back via yellow trail and were on the red for most of hike so we did a little over 3.4 miles.

some muddy spots trails but otherwise really well groomed and beautiful views

mostly clear trails that are pretty easy with some sand trails for horses. nice wildlife. great views

Did this trail in March- bugs were not as bad out. Pros -great scenery -we seen horses & wildlife Cons -not marked well. We used the map on the trail app to help us not get lost. -it was a bit muddy but still worth it!

The trail was easy to walk and fairly well maintained. It's a 3-star in my opinion because the trail markers are not very well placed, and I never felt like I was out of public areas. Rather it felt like I was in a normal public park, with buildings and roads everywhere. So, if you are looking for an easy walk this is for you!

Great trail. This is the Red trail next to the river. Mostly flat starting next to the river then through pretty deep woods. The Artesian wells are interesting and there are many informational signs about the wild life. All in all a wonderful, easy hike through the woods.

Gorgeous. Perfect autumn trail hike.

Our first real family hike! Took the wrong unmarked trail west of the actual trail. Once we get back on the red trail, it was much better. Beautiful river view!! It helped that we have a cool beautiful sunny day!

Nice easy trail some down trees across path. Weekend 8.00 to park but a beautiful location

Fun little walk just to get some steps and leg work in. Very easy and relaxing.

Great trail, well maintained, easy good for all ages and levels. Weekends 8$ to park free during the week. We did the short path this time will be back for the long soon.

Beautiful trail. met friendly people along the way who shared binoculars. Extremely relaxing.

beautiful walking trails. waterfowl, marshes, birding. no biking.

Cons: We had to throw away our shoes and removed over 30 nymph ticks that embedded themselves in our arms and legs. This was the most awful hiking experience we've ever had. You thought being worried about a single tick was bad...there were hundreds on our clothing. Mortifying experience all-in-all. No knock on the grounds, but man oh man. Pros: Fresh wild blueberries. Serene views of the lake. Fish hatchery and streams packed with gorgeous fish. Maybe it's better in the winter, but not worth the risk for us.

Nice trail, lots of great views of the river. Was a little rainy so had the trail all to myself! Recommended following yellow trail upriver and looping back down on the red, takes your right back to the parking lot.

Sun Jan 27 2019

Artisan Wells is beautiful. Serene stroll.

Mon Oct 01 2018

Great view, it’s really small.

Thu Jul 26 2018

Most beautiful horse trails on Long Island. No dogs or bikes allowed so it’s very peaceful. Never gets boring because there are so many trails to choose from. There are summer trails which avoid most bugs and have shade.

Thu Mar 15 2018

Easy walk, unfortunately park Pitch Pines devastated by bark beetles. North side of Veterans Highway offers nicer trails including a section of Greenbelt that is nicely laid out up to Lakeland County Park. Lots of ticks in warmer weather, treated clothing and gaiters recommended.