Conklin Gully 12 Falls Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Naples, New York that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until August. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Loved it

Hiked this trail while visiting NY from Baltimore with my husband and 9 y/o son. We all loved the terrain - very different from what we are used to hiking. We hiked up the creek until we got to the bridge and hiked back down on the steep dirt trail. We absolutely loved climbing the waterfalls. I definitely recommend this one! Wear waterproof shoes with a good grip and take bug spray!

My Route: Took the right trail up to the top of the gorge, looped around and back down. so the gully was on our left at all times. THEN walked the water into the gully, up the rope and back down.

My Review: 9/10. Map at the parking lot is confusing and trails are not marked other than blue. It's also difficult to start as it's straight up immediately. However, the water/creek trail is beautiful and there are many photo ops. Also, minimal garbage along trails!

My Advice: Your feet & butt will get wet, plan accordingly. If you have difficulty climbing over logs, rocks, etc. this isn't for you. Don't forget to stop and look up from time to time. The feeling of being g wrapped up in a gully is awe-inspiring.

Walked the trail first. It was a workout. Went as far as the meadow at the top and came back down. Then walked the creek bed & up to multiple waterfalls. Did not go too far as the water became too deep. It was beautiful & challenging.
Bug spray is a must!

challenging and awesome. Will be back

Great sneaker creeking! We walked up the creek, which was flowing but not too fast, with 4 children (ages 4 to 9). We made it to the boy scout bridge. Some challenges of course! We then walked down the trail that looped around and didn't go near the water. Felt good about that choice as going down through the water could have been a bit treacherous! overall a great hike!

We hiked in the gorge up to the top. It was a hard hike, couple hard waterfall climbs. Luckily the water was low and not moving fast. Your feet will get wet.
You can climb up one side, cross and go down the other side. It’s a steep climb and descent but doable and fun!!

Moderate physical difficulty, but the creek bed makes for a treacherous hike — lots of loose and wet rock, so make sure you are confident with your balance and footing before taking the creek bed trail. Impressive views of the rock faces really gave a unique hiking experience. Bring a change of socks for after the hike because your feet will get wet.

Back down, I took the trail on the right ridge of the gorge, which was a safer and faster option. Easy to follow and also provided excellent views of the gorge. Access it as you pass the bridge — you can see it on the map as the black dotted line on the northern side, paralleling the gorge. I enjoyed doing this ‘loop’ and would highly recommend doing both trails to get a change of scenery.

Beautiful hike but didn't make it all the way. The bugs became horrendous. We followed the creek up past the bridge then turned around and took trail from bridge back to parking lot. I would start earlier in the day when it's cooler.

Steep yo

My favorite hike in the Finger Lakes. Plenty challenging with great views.

Probably my favorite trail in the western New York area. It's a good challenge, fun, and beautiful. It took two tries to get through the whole trail, but well worth it.

Awesome hike and very rewarding. If you follow the gully the whole way it can be tricky at points, especially on the way down. 5/5 recommend, I can’t wait to hike it again.

Monday, September 18, 2017

I'm partial to out west, but this was as close to climbing as I think I could get. Fun hike. You can stay mostly dry if it hasn't rained for a while. Take the fork to the RIGHT and keep climbing till you get to the wall. If you climb the wall, the right side seems safest, it is slick, so be careful and don't be afraid to get wet. After you reach the top climb up to the right, there are plenty of tree roots to help. This will put you back at the orange trail markers which eventually lead to blue and back to trailhead. The bugs were annoying, so bug spray might be necessary.

Thursday, September 07, 2017

One of my favorite places to hike. Even in the rain on 9/3 it was still a lot of fun. After we made it up to the wall we climbed up the right side and kept going for a bit and then backtracked down the gully to the top of the wall. We then took the trail down since we had never taken it before. It was a little slick in spots (as usual) but my boots served me well. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a little challenge and a lot of fun.

Monday, September 04, 2017

Great trail for a 3hr hike. We hiked up the gully then down along the trail beside the gully. Beautiful waterfalls the entire way. There was just the right amount of treachery for me. The ropes were secure and easy to use. My daughter brought her Walkerhound who led the entire way. Thanks, Camo!!

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Great challenging hike! Lots of waterfalls to climb, some are definitely difficult to traverse but not impossible. We just took our time and looked for natural handles in nature. They are there if you look for them. Walking down is pretty difficult, we didn't walk all the way back down. We went to the farthest 50' waterfall (about 20 minutes past the bridge) and then we backtracked to the bridge and followed the trail back down. A girl we had been running into while hiking, went back down the whole gorge trail and took a pretty nasty spill going down the waterfall with the rope. If you choose that route be aware and go slow. It's extremely beautiful, worth the effort and a great workout! The best part is treating yourself to a delicious snack after you work up a behemoth appetite, we will definitely be back!!

Monday, July 24, 2017

waterfall after waterfall! So amazing be careful this is hard trail and you have to get creative with your steps up and down!

Friday, July 07, 2017

Very interesting trail. Can take the very steep hill to get some nice view of the gorge and mountains (roughly 20min hike to the viewpoint). I did not go to the end because that was already satisfying :)

I went into the river bed in the gorge for further exploration and this was lots of fun! I would recommend to take water shoes so you can go in the river bed and have more adherence in there!

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Very challenging and rewarding hike. The water level was very manageable when we went on July 4th, 2017, but if heavy rain storms are imminent, I could see this getting very "flash floody". There were ropes in a few areas to help with the climbs, but be sure your footwear is up to the job. We went all the way to Angel Falls, then came back down to the footbridge and opted to take the rim trail the rest of the way back to the parking area. Awesome experience!

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Hiked here with my wife and my son, who is home on leave. We did not hike the gorge but took the upper trail to the bridge. The climb was rough going at first but worth the scenery. I would like to go back and hike up the river bed. There are lots of off trails and most are not marked.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

A must do! So proud of my 7 year old daughter making this trek

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Great! I'm definitely going back. I spent twice as much time there than I had intended because there were so many trails to explore.

Just be careful going up the waterfall, I noticed that the tree root that the rope is attached to is cracked.

Bring a head net!

Monday, April 10, 2017

My favorite trail in western ny. I have been doing it for years but it's gotten washed out and it is much more challenging now. You can walk up the river and climb waterfalls if you like the challenge or walk the trails and get some amazing views! I highly recommend.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Great day hike with the extra treat on top of a fire pit / ADK Lean to and awesome view

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

This is a beautiful place to hike. Very quiet and peaceful. I spent a few hours there and only saw one other couple. It's definitely a challenge though and there are some slippery spots. I'll be going back again soon.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Awesome time going up the gully! I was lucky is been a dry summer as climbing up the waterfalls was pretty easy. Still probably the trickiest hike I've done this season.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

A hidden gem!! The trail goes through the gorge, it's hard but a ton of fun! The trail is isolated, we encountered only two others hikers on our hike, so it felt like a wilderness adventure. Definitely worth checking out!

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Great trail up and down the river bed. There's ropes to climb the waterfalls, but be prepared to get muddy and probably pretty wet...

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

This trail is not for the faint of heart. Doable but difficult. A great workout!