Learn more

Conklin Gully 12 Falls Trail is a 3.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Naples, New York that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until August. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.4 miles Elevation Gain: 659 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Awesome little hike! Can’t wait to go back! Not really kid friendly.

Definitely rated hard for a reason, wear good hiking shoes if you’re taking the middle waterfall route. Beautiful trail will definitely be back!

One of the best hikes in the Finger Lakes. My family and I walked up the gorge until we reached the large falls. We brought a rope and climbed up out of the gorge onto the orange trail and walked out on the yellow rim trail.

favourite hike I've done in NY so far. lots of water and need to pull yourself up in spots. I brought my dog and got him half way by lifting him up at the steep parts but then became a little dangerous so turned back and just hiked the steep route that runs next to this gully,, and that was fun and a good workout. definitely coming back. my dogs 80lbs so a smaller dog i think you'd be fine as you could just use one arm and lift. There were no cars when I got here at 7.30 on 2nd July, but when I finished the parking lot was full. around 10.20.

Love this trail. We took the rim trail out from the parking lot, returned on the creek bed. Beware if you go this way you end up scaling down about a 25’ waterfall by rope. It requires some grip strength and a little courage. Beautiful!

Gorgeous hike, but turns into a serious climb at parts if you go the gorge route. Knee deep at some points, even on what seemed to be a low-water day. At the top of the gorge you’ll have to do a steep climb to reach the rim trail, otherwise you’ll have to return the way you came. The waterfall itself looked climbable for some, but not me. I climbed up the wooded area to the right. On the harder side of hard, but well worth it! Unique and rewarding hike. Worthy of my first Alltrails review. Thanks to all the posters who make this such a useful site!

Beautiful hike! Actually climbing up the waterfalls! Water level was perfect with good/waterproof hiking boots! Definitely for adventurers! Even have some spots that required a rope (rope is tied there permanently) to pull yourself up or down. Took about 2 hours with some photo stops.

Did the gorge this time, waters very low so not as wet as expected. Beautiful hike

awesome hike with lots to climb....this was fun and there was alot of cool things to see. oh yea bring water shoes it will make things easier trust me.

Excellent view at the end. Lots of bugs, bring spray. The trail up the falls at the end is not a trail. It's very steep, filled with loose rock, and dangerous.

Great hike! Hiked the rim trail, and it was definitely STEEP in the beginning, but not so bad the rest of the way through.

Have to say this was one of my favorite hikes I have done thus far!! Def a hard trail with a lot of elevation changes but the views speak for themselves!! When I come back I plan to hike up the creek and enjoy the views from below rather than from the rim of the gorge.

Great trail. Tricky to do in spots. Involves climbing slippery waterfalls with few footholds. I recommend wearing water shoes and a swimsuit under shorts and a top and only bringing clothes you don't mind getting wet. You'll be wading waist deep in parts - this is less of a trail and more just walking the creek bed. Ends in a tall waterfall and you have to head back. I recommend taking the yellow trail back, which you can take from where you see the bridge. That avoids having to go back down the trickiest waterfalls.

First time hiking this trail and I had an absolute blast. Bit of a scramble up the creek bed with a few fun twists and turns but tons of fun overall. The waterfall at the trail’s “destination” was lovely, stopped for a nice lunch and soaked up some sun. The steep climb up to the right of the falls to get to the ridge trail scared the living crap out of me but it was a welcome adventure. I’ll certainly be back.

This was an awesome hike with BEAUTIFUL scenery. Definitely bring some shoes you do not mind getting wet, you can try to stay along the side of the creek but it is much easier at times to just walk the creek a bit. Definitely not really good for Children or pets unless they are decently experienced. This is an absolute spectacular hike and recommend it.