Conklin Gully 12 Falls Trail

Conklin Gully 12 Falls Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Naples, New York that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until August. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I'm partial to out west, but this was as close to climbing as I think I could get. Fun hike. You can stay mostly dry if it hasn't rained for a while. Take the fork to the RIGHT and keep climbing till you get to the wall. If you climb the wall, the right side seems safest, it is slick, so be careful and don't be afraid to get wet. After you reach the top climb up to the right, there are plenty of tree roots to help. This will put you back at the orange trail markers which eventually lead to blue and back to trailhead. The bugs were annoying, so bug spray might be necessary.

One of my favorite places to hike. Even in the rain on 9/3 it was still a lot of fun. After we made it up to the wall we climbed up the right side and kept going for a bit and then backtracked down the gully to the top of the wall. We then took the trail down since we had never taken it before. It was a little slick in spots (as usual) but my boots served me well. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a little challenge and a lot of fun.

Great trail for a 3hr hike. We hiked up the gully then down along the trail beside the gully. Beautiful waterfalls the entire way. There was just the right amount of treachery for me. The ropes were secure and easy to use. My daughter brought her Walkerhound who led the entire way. Thanks, Camo!!

Great challenging hike! Lots of waterfalls to climb, some are definitely difficult to traverse but not impossible. We just took our time and looked for natural handles in nature. They are there if you look for them. Walking down is pretty difficult, we didn't walk all the way back down. We went to the farthest 50' waterfall (about 20 minutes past the bridge) and then we backtracked to the bridge and followed the trail back down. A girl we had been running into while hiking, went back down the whole gorge trail and took a pretty nasty spill going down the waterfall with the rope. If you choose that route be aware and go slow. It's extremely beautiful, worth the effort and a great workout! The best part is treating yourself to a delicious snack after you work up a behemoth appetite, we will definitely be back!!

waterfall after waterfall! So amazing be careful this is hard trail and you have to get creative with your steps up and down!

Very interesting trail. Can take the very steep hill to get some nice view of the gorge and mountains (roughly 20min hike to the viewpoint). I did not go to the end because that was already satisfying :)

I went into the river bed in the gorge for further exploration and this was lots of fun! I would recommend to take water shoes so you can go in the river bed and have more adherence in there!

Very challenging and rewarding hike. The water level was very manageable when we went on July 4th, 2017, but if heavy rain storms are imminent, I could see this getting very "flash floody". There were ropes in a few areas to help with the climbs, but be sure your footwear is up to the job. We went all the way to Angel Falls, then came back down to the footbridge and opted to take the rim trail the rest of the way back to the parking area. Awesome experience!

Hiked here with my wife and my son, who is home on leave. We did not hike the gorge but took the upper trail to the bridge. The climb was rough going at first but worth the scenery. I would like to go back and hike up the river bed. There are lots of off trails and most are not marked.

A must do! So proud of my 7 year old daughter making this trek

Great! I'm definitely going back. I spent twice as much time there than I had intended because there were so many trails to explore.

Just be careful going up the waterfall, I noticed that the tree root that the rope is attached to is cracked.

Bring a head net!

My favorite trail in western ny. I have been doing it for years but it's gotten washed out and it is much more challenging now. You can walk up the river and climb waterfalls if you like the challenge or walk the trails and get some amazing views! I highly recommend.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Great day hike with the extra treat on top of a fire pit / ADK Lean to and awesome view

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

This is a beautiful place to hike. Very quiet and peaceful. I spent a few hours there and only saw one other couple. It's definitely a challenge though and there are some slippery spots. I'll be going back again soon.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Awesome time going up the gully! I was lucky is been a dry summer as climbing up the waterfalls was pretty easy. Still probably the trickiest hike I've done this season.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

A hidden gem!! The trail goes through the gorge, it's hard but a ton of fun! The trail is isolated, we encountered only two others hikers on our hike, so it felt like a wilderness adventure. Definitely worth checking out!

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Great trail up and down the river bed. There's ropes to climb the waterfalls, but be prepared to get muddy and probably pretty wet...

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

This trail is not for the faint of heart. Doable but difficult. A great workout!

Sunday, August 07, 2016

completely fantastic

Thursday, August 04, 2016

hiked this twice: the signage at the lot provides zero trail information. (odd). we hiked the path to the right if the warer, which is a hill, only challenging because it is very very steep. we hiked up to the lean to and open field but the views were definitely not worth the work because the trail was really dull: wide enough for a truck and made of crushed stone. The hike got 5 stars though so we knew we had to have screwed up and we went back. HIKE IN THE CREEK BED. IT IS SUPER FUN! There isn't much water this summer and the final fall is not the reason to do the hike, the gorge is really fun. slippery in spots (duh) but we loved it. My husband and I are in our 50's, our kids are 19,18 and 16.

Thursday, August 04, 2016

Gorgeous hike. Lots of places to explore along the way. Not too long, so you can do it any time of day (I started at 5:30PM). Few things I want to point out:

1) I don't think it should be "experienced hikers". there is no navigation involved or any skills. It's just very hard. The hill is very steep (per my Garmin-682ft of elevation over a mile). but definitely do-able. just follow the creek all the way up to the lean-to. You don't need a compass (unless you plan to go explore the many, many other little trails that exist off the main path).

2)about half way up, there is a creek crossing with blue markings you can take, this will take you to the other side of the gully. I suggest taking it on the way back. stunning views, takes you through a few small waterfalls, and makes the hike a hit longer (maybe another half a mile?).

3) If you do go the other way, some parts of it are VERY narrow, with a VERY big drop. Just be sure where you step.

Bottom line: highly recommend!