Coney Mountain

Coney Mountain is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Long Lake, New York that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Easy going gently sloping trail that is approx 1.1 miles to an open rock summit with 360 degree views The Coney Mountain Trail is a very gentle trail that winds around the mountain for about 1.1 miles to the summit with an elevation gain of 523 feet by the time you reach the summit at 2267'. The summit is completely open and offers amazing 360 degree views. Nice easy hike for the pups and young ones.

Enjoyed a beautiful sunset on top of Coney a few days ago. We ran up and down the mountain, very gradual inclines until the last hundred feet where it gets slightly steeper. Great for kids.

Did this and the others from the Tupper Lake Triad all in one day! Such a fun challenge.

Great hike. It is short but the whole trip to the vista is uphill so a good workout for us middle aged folks. The view is absolutely spectacular.

it was a cloudy, with light rainy day but the hike was short and easy. this was the start of the triad for me.

The best of the Tupper Triad! Even though it lacks Mount Arab's fire tower, it has views in all directions for miles! Rivers and lakes in distance, along with countless mountains. The summit is also large, so if it's a crowded day there should be plenty of room to take in the views. The trail itself is in great shape and is basically a more gradual version of Mount Arab. DO THIS!

View is great

Outstanding views for such an easy hike.

By far my favorite of the Tupper Triad. An easy hike with a beautiful summit.

Our last hike of the day to complete the TL Triad. It was a great hike. There were students out on the trail doing maintenance. Many thanks to them for maintaining the trails!

Super easy hike with an outstanding view. Nice and dry right now.

This was our second peak for the Tupper Lake Triad. Amazing summit for a little mountain. True 360 views. You can see the other Triad mountains (Goodman & Arab), Mount Morris, the Sewards, Santanoni's and many other High Peaks.

This hike was the completion of the Tupper Lake Triad challenge (third completion, 2 X Winter, 1 X Summer). This hike is one of those best bangs for the buck kinda mountains. When ever we have friends visiting who not not regularly hike, we take them on this hike.

Easy little hike. Part of the Tupper Lake Triad. I did the three little mountains today. Easy trail with nice views at the top. About 2.2 miles round trip. Icy conditions today. If your using crampons (I did) it is a piece of cake.

Beautiful view. Great climb. Trail was icy needed to wear spike. One of three for the day.

Great reward for little effort. The views were fantastic and the trail was very well marked.

Thought the trail was easy to walk for all ages

Snowy trail, made well for the rocks/ no slipping, as the snow was very packed down and 2-3". Outstanding views of the high peaks.

Great hike. Reached the summit in 37 minutes. Completed as part of the Tupper Lake Triad. Lots of leashed dogs and families.

great bang for your buck in Tupper Lake. Pretty easy Trail lovely Summit gorgeous views

First visit here, truly impressive. Trail was so gently graded that I hardly realized I was climbing until the last couple of hundred yards. I was lucky enough to look out at the under cast as I summited. Great hike.

Only gave it 3 because of roots and large rocks on path. Could not look up. I would not rate it easy. Maybe medium. Need bug spray for sure.

Love this little peak! Did it as part of the triad and got up in less than 40 min. Great views!

I've been up and down this mountain numerous times in the past year. The new (post 2013) trail is very easy. Gradual and well constructed/maintained. Having recently looked at one of my older hiking maps from pre-2013, it showed a shorter, more direct path a little further south of the current trail head. Walking down the road looking for it I stumbled upon the trail head, almost completely covered with overgrowth. The original (now un-maintained) trail has turned into what feels like an ADK herd path with the amount of deadfall and leaf cover. This route is a bit more steep as it goes about .6 miles straight up the western portion of the mountain before reconvening with the new trail just before the scramble.

The older blazes are so large that it is still easy to follow. The story posted at the reg. box located near the new trail head talks about the I-beams that were placed on the county line in the 1903 survey. One of which you can still find on the original trail-very cool.

Very easy hike. Of course, I went, and it poured. Took me just over an hour up and down, with the rain. I'm sure there would be great views if there weren't so many clouds!

Very easy, short, uphill hike; perfect for kids. We went Labor Day weekend so quite a hit if traffic; which I enjoyed! Took us about 30 minutes

Beautiful 360 view at the top!

Nice hike with great 360 degree views. While rated easy it is uphill for virtually the entire trail so while it is only 1.1mi up you can get a nice workout.

Nice hike. The last little bit got pretty steep, but nothing crazy. The summit has a Nice 360 view.

Easy hike. We took our kids 10 and 6, and two dogs. Great 360 view at the top.

Beautiful view!! Great hiking trail. Highly recommend it.