Coney Mountain

Coney Mountain is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Long Lake, New York that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Easy going gently sloping trail that is approx 1.1 miles to an open rock summit with 360 degree views The Coney Mountain Trail is a very gentle trail that winds around the mountain for about 1.1 miles to the summit with an elevation gain of 523 feet by the time you reach the summit at 2267'. The summit is completely open and offers amazing 360 degree views. Nice easy hike for the pups and young ones.

great bang for your buck in Tupper Lake. Pretty easy Trail lovely Summit gorgeous views

First visit here, truly impressive. Trail was so gently graded that I hardly realized I was climbing until the last couple of hundred yards. I was lucky enough to look out at the under cast as I summited. Great hike.

Only gave it 3 because of roots and large rocks on path. Could not look up. I would not rate it easy. Maybe medium. Need bug spray for sure.

Love this little peak! Did it as part of the triad and got up in less than 40 min. Great views!

I've been up and down this mountain numerous times in the past year. The new (post 2013) trail is very easy. Gradual and well constructed/maintained. Having recently looked at one of my older hiking maps from pre-2013, it showed a shorter, more direct path a little further south of the current trail head. Walking down the road looking for it I stumbled upon the trail head, almost completely covered with overgrowth. The original (now un-maintained) trail has turned into what feels like an ADK herd path with the amount of deadfall and leaf cover. This route is a bit more steep as it goes about .6 miles straight up the western portion of the mountain before reconvening with the new trail just before the scramble.

The older blazes are so large that it is still easy to follow. The story posted at the reg. box located near the new trail head talks about the I-beams that were placed on the county line in the 1903 survey. One of which you can still find on the original trail-very cool.

Very easy hike. Of course, I went, and it poured. Took me just over an hour up and down, with the rain. I'm sure there would be great views if there weren't so many clouds!

Very easy, short, uphill hike; perfect for kids. We went Labor Day weekend so quite a hit if traffic; which I enjoyed! Took us about 30 minutes

Beautiful 360 view at the top!