Coney Mountain

Coney Mountain is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Long Lake, New York that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Easy going gently sloping trail that is approx 1.1 miles to an open rock summit with 360 degree views The Coney Mountain Trail is a very gentle trail that winds around the mountain for about 1.1 miles to the summit with an elevation gain of 523 feet by the time you reach the summit at 2267'. The summit is completely open and offers amazing 360 degree views. Nice easy hike for the pups and young ones.

I believe this is the best trail of the Tupper Lake Triad. Even without a fire-tower, I felt like this had the most surprising summit views. Also, the summit is pretty large and clear, so even if there were a lot of people, I don't think it would feel crowded. Don't miss this trail, it's really great.

Hubby and I are training for a thru-hike and completed this trail with a 30lb pack. Also completed the Tupper Lake Triad!
Definitely a good climb!
Beautiful trail...well marked!
Amazing views from the top!

Black flies were atrocious, had to wear our head nets to be able to enjoy the top.

Short hike with a spectacular payoff view at the top. Truly 360 degrees. As of May 11, the trail was in good shape, with 3 or 4 slightly muddy spots.

Great hike. Gradual incline. Views at the top are spectacular.

great hike with breath taking 360° view at summit! great family hike, highly recommend. last of the tupper lake triad for me and my four year old son

Very nice hike and dog friendly! Beautiful views!!

About a 2 mile round trip hike with beautiful views. The trail was icy with a little snow cover. We used microspikes and it took about 1 hour round trip. It was windy, so we didn't spend too much time on the top. The trail was gentle with most of the gain towards the end with a great place to have a picnic in the summer. This is part of the Tupper Triad patch.

A short and relatively challenging hike. It was a little busy and the trail can be slippery after a good rainfall, but it's well worth the trip. The summit is gorgeous.

Awesome recommend it all day

This was a nice winter hike up the trail where you only needed microspikes to transverse. We had the mountain to ourselves as people were leaving when we arrived. The views from the summit were very nice as the skies were blue and clear.

We did the Tupper Lake Triad on 1/7. I found Coney to be the easiest hike of the 3. We did Arab, Coney and Goodman, in that order. Next time I would probably finish with Coney as it was the easiest and the views were beautiful. The total trip, with a good amount of time at the summit, took us an hour and twenty six minutes. The trails were easy to follow and it wasn't a strenuous hike. I really look forward to hiking it again!

First winter hike in ADK and couldn't have asked for a better intro to the terrain. Gentle winding climb that leads to a great panoramic view! Highly recommend.

As part of the Tupper Lake Triad, you will not want to miss this trail. Easy to overlook, it may offer one of the most satisfying hikes in the Tupper Lake area. A very easy "spiraling" one mile ascent to the top offers some spectacular views from its rocky summit. The panoramic views of Horseshoe wilderness and Tupper Lake Valley were amazing! If you complete the top at sunset-- even better! Well worth the hour's effort roundtrip.

Coney was a fun hike. We were racing against the weather, but once on top, the views were great. An excellent 360 on a good day. Will do again when the weather is a little nicer.

Very easy trail with a great view at the top!

Great trail, we are not in a good shape so it was perfect for us. Nice panoramic view on top!

Definitely hike in the fall.