Cobble Hill

Cobble Hill is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lake Placid, New York that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very short (0.4 each way) but enjoyable trail through woods and then up onto a rocky outcrop with a nice view. Great hike for kids - streams to enjoy, woods and a very fun rock scrammble with a rope to help you up. The views are great for such a short hike.

We really enjoyed this hike. The views from the top were tremendous. We chose this one because it said easy and kid friendly. We had our 5 year old with us. If you have a young one, definitely avoid the more challenging path. The descent on the easy path was challenging enough for her (and me with a 2 year old on my back) with the ice and snow.

I’m not in the best of shape so I found the steep side up to be hard work at times. Needless to say I made it and it felt great to reach the top. While the skilled hiker will have no problem with this trail, the novice may find the steep side ascent to be a challenge, particularly if the conditions are wet. Wear the right shoes, the trail is muddy after the rain. Some pretty sites, including Echo Lake. I’m glad we did the steep grade up and the moderate grade on the way down.

We had a hard time finding the trailhead. On Mirror Lake Drive, enter the driveway just before the school sign. You will see the trailhead on your left as you drive in toward the brown residential buildings. This was our second family hike ever with two kids-4 and 8. We took the steep trail up and the longer trail down. It was well-marked. The kids did great and took the scrabbling over rocks in stride. I, on the other hand, thought it was rather scary at that part, and should be rated moderate.

We did the easy path on the way up and the harder path the way down. Fun, with good views up and down!

Fun trail with great views. Fun rock scramble but may be moderate instead of easy.

Nice easy walk with stunning views during indian summer

Excellent hike with two rewarding views at the top. Dogs loved it too!

I’m glad we opted for the shorter length on the way up as it was more challenging but relatively easy. Great views for fall foliage.