Chippewa Falls Trail

Chippewa Falls Trail is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Truxton, New York that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.1 miles Elevation Gain: 456 feet Route Type: Loop

Did this hike in mid-November with 2 dogs. The hike to the frozen waterfall is incredible! Sooo beautiful in the snow. I didn’t end up doing the suggested loop because I had to backtrack to find my lost ice cleat. I then did a different loop to get more miles and did get a little lost because they used white blazes which is hard to see when it’s snowy. Lots and lots of hunters, so wear an organ get vest or something in hunting season. My Prius couldn’t make it all the way to where it says to park because of the ice. They don’t maintain the roads in winter so be careful. I just parked by the street and then walked up.

Sun Sep 17 2017

small trickle of water NOT a loop, it's an out and back.

Sat May 23 2015

I found this to be an easy hike through some beautiful woods! I found a light volume of water flowing over the falls! There was enough water to make the hike worth it and rewarding! Would love to see these falls with a large volume of water falling! A very peaceful and quiet place!

Sun Apr 13 2014

Great spring hike with a taste of lingering winter. The seasonal use Stoney Brook Rd. was partially accessible. I had to walk about a half mile to the trail head. Portions of the road were still ice covered, as much as 7 inches in some places. The first part of the trail to the falls were beautiful and no snow. As I rounded the hill and hit the north side, I ran into snow. In some places it was at least a foot deep and made walking a bit tough. As you round the other side of the hill, the snow is gone and soon you will meet up with the trickling of the creek that grows and grows until you hit the falls. There is a SHARP drop from the top of the falls so be careful taking a look or taking pictures. It could be hazardous. Hikers are asked not to go farther than the falls as the rest is private property. So that makes this an out and back hike for most unless you can navigate the woods and bushwack back to Stoney Brook rd. with a compass or gps unit. Great hike, have fun.

Mon Sep 04 2017