Chimney Bluffs State Park Trail

Chimney Bluffs State Park Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Wolcott, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

beach

Parking

Visiting family for Thanksgiving, we went on a whim and very glad we did. We walked the bluffs then the beach back to the parking lot. Great views, really enjoyed it.

Totally surreal and a great workout! Love it!

I loved it.

Great views, many trail options and a variety of surfaces. Beautiful in the fall. Loved hearing the waves crash from the trail. Walked along the shore afterwards to get a different view of the bluffs. Dog friendly (she had a great time too)

Nice walk. It took about 1.5 hours. Bluffs are neat. We walked the trail close to the bluffs and returned along the shore.

Decent trail and can be fun along the edge. The trail has one hill but is basically easy overall. Three bluffs are unique. I went with a big group and everyone wanted to take 100 pictures. Good place to go if you want to see something different. If you are looking for a hike this is alright.

Beautiful!! Loved this area!!

fairly easy hike with some overgrowth, beautiful views of the lake and the bluffs are ever changing

Easy short trail very cool.

Awesome trails and amazing views!

My posse did the Bluffs trail and then dropped down onto the beach and walked back along the shore to our starting point. There's a place to climb up at the end of the beach that cuts back to the main trail. Beautiful views, but heavily trafficked (most likely due to the holiday weekend).

Great views the entire way! Only two pretty good climbs otherwise an easy trail!

great place all around. my kids loved it, my dog loved it and it was an amazing view from the trail. I've gone since I was a little kid and It will definitely give me memories for a life time. only down is I wish people would pick up after themselves, found way to much trash :(

Beautiful park. Nice, family friendly hike. Walked trail in, then walked in the water below bluffs back. Picnic in the park. Perfect day.

This trail has some really spectacular views of the lake and bluffs! The hike is pretty easy.. a couple steep areas so wear good shoes.

Beautiful vistas. Welcoming picnic benches with gorgeous views of the lake. Clean bathrooms. Trail along the rim was scary at times. Many deep muddy areas in the trail so be prepared. We took our 2 dogs and would not recommend taking them along the rim trail as the edge is less than a foot from the trail in many areas. No fences. Trails off of the main ridge trail are not well marked. Overall well worth the trip and effort and I'd do it again.

The picnic tables and grilling area is great and has some nice views of the lake, but the trail itself is nothing special. It's exceptionally muddy (far beyond other trails after the same amount of rain), and the trails aren't all easy to follow or well labeled. It's marked as dog friendly, but hiking the bluffs trail with my well-behaved dog felt terribly dangerous in many sections; several times, the trail is right up against a cliff with only a foot or a foot and a half of room between the cliff and trees. I absolutely would not bring a dog here ever again. And honestly, even after that somewhat treacherous hike, the views weren't anything all that special. Nice enough, sure, but after seeing all of the positive reviews everywhere, I was very disappointed.

Honestly an easy hike minus the mud!! I decided to hike last minute in my berkenstocks...the first half of the trail was crazy easy... then came the mud!!! Seriously the whole other half of the loop was just pure mud!
For my full review subscribe to my blog
www.wandering-dog.com

I wasn't prepared for the hike (didn't say you had to hike to the spot on the website) and came at a late time, but still cool to see, especially in New York. took us about 30 mins to get to. planning on going back earlier in the day and getting a better view or kayaking to get another point of view

This trail has amazing viewpoints. You might want to avoid hiking on this trail in the winter because this place is very windy.