Learn more

Chickadee Hollow Loop is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Truxton, New York that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from January until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length 3.8 mi Elevation gain 423 ft Route type Loop

Views

Blowdown

Description
Waypoints (0)

Located on Morgan Hill State Forest with easy access. Ample parking & pretty easy walking. You can hook up with the FLT/NCT also. This area has many great hikes of variable distances. Access is easy, parking is ample and the hike takes you through some beautiful forest with a summertime reward of a huge field of fresh berries. This area is honeycombed with many adjoining hikes - a great area to get to know. Worth every effort you put into it!!

Weather
UV Index
Daylight
Reviews (12)
Photos (27)
Recordings (9)
Completed (10)
Martin Dowd
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarApril 22, 2020
Hiking

Overall, this was a great hike. The hike may contain a bit more dirt road than I would have liked (30% ??) but at least it was secluded and had zero vehicular traffic. Google Maps brought us to the location via Morgan Hill Road, so be prepared for about six miles of dirt roads to arrive at the designated starting point. Considering the time of year, the dirt roads were in good shape for both driving and hiking. Then we found the single track portions of the hike to be exceptionally dry given it was mid April. This trail has difficulty rating of “Moderate”, but I would rate it between Easy and Moderate. I noticed that someone posted that the trail wasn’t well marked, a point that I would disagree with as blue tree markings seemed to be more than sufficient. This was my first time hiking this trail, and I definitely will hike it again.

Penny Jo
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 1, 2019
Hiking

I saw 1 marker on the whole trail. I'm not sure if I hiked the right trail but what I did hike was a good workout. if I was on the correct trail it went through private roads/property that is what makes me think I wasn't on the correct trail.

Carrie Mae
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 30, 2019
Hiking

Was a good hike, but not marked very well so we weren’t sure if we were on the right trail at times. It did bring us back to our car, and my iWatch said it was a 3.5 mile loop. Over all, good hike.

Rich Hufnagle
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarOctober 8, 2018

I did 3 days on this trail. I quit smoking..it was heart breaking and beautiful at the same time. always be special to me.

Nancy Cushing
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarOctober 28, 2017
First to Review

Nice walk, hike, walk....You start out going up a dirt/gravel road, with pretty forest on either side. once at the top a left turn into a beautiful , well marked forest trail. Eventually you make it back onto Morgan hill road to finish your walk. think we will bring the dogs next time.

Steph Hengle
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 13, 2020
View Steph's Recording
B F
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMay 2, 2020
View B's Recording
Martin Dowd
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarApril 19, 2020
View Martin's Recording
Mike Cicotta
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarNovember 11, 2018
View Mike's Recording
Mike Cicotta
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 8, 2018
View Mike's Recording
Big Dream Walker
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 16, 2013
Big Dream Walker
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMay 25, 2013
View Big Dream's Recording