Chestnut Ridge

Chestnut Ridge is a 4.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Orchard Park, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

Nice walk

Road trail, nice evening hike spot

Good trail with nice scenery.

Best place ever

One of my favourite trails. Easy access, quiet and safe

Thursday, June 16, 2016

It was a lot harder than I expected but for my first trail I loved it

Monday, May 30, 2016

Lots of hiking, very easy to spend a day here. Though I haven't camped, the campsites looked to be very secluded in the woods (though near the road, still very nice). We saw the Eternal Flame once, which was neat. It's a beautiful short hike through a small gorge, pretty much in a creek. Super fun! Can be very slippery though. We usually avoid that trail when we go now, only because it's very crowded, lots of people. However there are many different parts to the Eternal Flame Trail, it's very long. So we go now to hike the rest of the trail, and avoid the main path to the Eternal Flame. The rest of the hike is not at all crowded, we just went yesterday during Memorial Day weekend and only saw a handful of people. Very nice, long hike trail, lots of little creeks, lots of geocaching, well maintained park. Best to pin where you parked on Google though as there are many splits on the trail, so it can be easy to lose your car!