Chester Creek Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Chestertown, New York that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Trail is overgrown and the Boy Scout structure (previously the highlight of the trail) is coming apart. The bridges are nice and the views of the creek and pond are nice. We walked this on 8/31. Saw what we believe to be scat evidence of bear activity. We were able to breeze through this in about 20 min. Moved faster after we saw the scat.

my least favorite part of the Chester challenge. trails are overgrown and along power lines. I felt like I was just walking along an access road between neighborhoods

Missed the turn and ended up just following the “additional trail” along the power lines wondering where we were supposed to turn. Not my favorite while completing the Chester Challenge. It’s only saving grace was the nice trail from the parking lot to the register. They should try to base the rest of the trails off of that one.

Have to agree with another poster, the walk along the powerlines was not the nicest part of the walk. We were targets for the deerflys. A nice walk in a place I didn't know existed. i did a few geocaches while we walked.

Half the hike was pretty along the creek. The other half not so much along the power lines. Nice short hike though

One of my favorite, short hikes in the Adirondacks and for the Chester Challenge! Celebrated National Trails Day by hiking this today with family for my third time (twice during the warm months and once snowshoeing this past Winter). Not strenuous with serene views along the way. Great for families with small children and older relatives! :-)

This was a nice easy hike with minimal elevation gain that makes a great family hike for every hiking ability.

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Nicely kept and and marked. Benches all along if you would like to rest or watch for wildlife. More wildflowers on this trail than the previous four I have done in the area. If you want total peace and quiet this trail is close to school and you can hear what is happening on the athletic fields.

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Short hike. Nice though.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Short nature walk, trail head is easily found in the library parking lot. There are only a few little hills, lots of benches to take a break and look for wildlife.

Sunday, September 17, 2017