New Years Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $19.99
Get Started

Chase Lake Trail

Chase Lake Trail is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gloversville, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from December until February. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 5.3 miles Elevation Gain: 364 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Great hike!! Be prepared to cross many creeks and walk around many mud puddles. Great view of lake at the Lean Too. Some flat ground for tents at the tent site. Both have a fire pit.

Great trail. Few spots by the creek, you had to look for places to pass over but fun to explore. Great rock by the lake to eat and relax. If you’re looking for a spot right on the lake take the lean to path. Really well marked!

Relatively flat easy hike with a few muddy spots. Wide open woods through hemlocks for the most part with some large maples here and there. The lean-to is in a nice spot with a large flat rock to sit on by the lake. I bushwhacked to the little pond Northwest of the lake and it was worth it. Passed some mossy areas and some large cliffs and ended up on a large rock by the water's edge to relax for a little bit. The cliffs go right up to the pond in one area. Got stung by a bee on the bushwhack back to the lean-to. Made it out from the lean-to in 50 minutes.

Sun Dec 23 2018

Beautiful December day to take a hike, wasn’t sure what to expect because two days earlier an inch and a half of rain fell, the creek where high so the normal crossing points you had to search for a new path that was a beautiful hike well marked

Thu Sep 13 2018

Nice and easy hike..... end result brings you to a beautiful, peaceful lake to sit and have a snack or lunch!

Fri Jan 19 2018

Nice snowshoe loop today. We walked in on the red trail to the junction and then took the yellow trail to the designated tent site. A short .3 miles jaunt across the lake brought us to the lean-to. Unfortunately previous users had littered the lean-to with hemlock boughs and started a small fire on the floor of the lean-to. We cleaned it up and there was no major damage.

Sun Jul 30 2017

Let me start by saying the lake itself is beautiful. And unlike most lean-to shelters in the lower Adirondacks, the one on this trail was within eyesight and throwing distance from the lake. This would definitely make a nice camping location. The trail itself however is fairly average and doesn't offer any interesting sights. Also the first half mile of this hike is filled with bugs. To the point where I couldn't breath without getting them in my nose or mouth. And I used so much bug spray that I think I could've bathed in it and it wouldn't have helped. Overall a decent walk through the woods

Tue Apr 11 2017

Under normal conditions I'm sure this trail would be very a very easy, and enjoyable hike from the trailhead to lean-to, or tent site. But VERY wet this time of year. Trail alternated from being snow covered, to swampy, to just completely flooded. Very few dry spots. Probably close to a dozen water crossings, most fairly easy. One of the last crossings before reaching the lean-to site was a knee deep fast running stream which had no natural or man made crossing spots, with the exception of a large fallen log positioned about 6 feet directly over a little waterfall that can be scooted across, but is kind of dicey. Safest way across this one is boots off and feet wet. Lake itself was still covered with ice. Lean-to area was clean and well kept with ample sources of firewood in the immediate area.

Fri Sep 09 2016

My cousin Bailey and I loved this trail. It's a pretty easy one, but the lake is beautiful. I'm sure we'll be bringing more of our family here!

Sat Aug 27 2016

Leaches in water. Not good for swimming.

Sat Jul 16 2016

Never got to hike it do to no parking areas left. So ended up going to speculater instead. Was very disappointed,parking is very limited.

Wed Jun 15 2016

loved the view and the hike there wasn't too bad. Nice and peaceful escape. Not to mention there is camping areas by the lake.

Sun Jun 05 2016

ddeaedyrwuee23!tdd2aayv

Tue Mar 15 2016

Fantastic. One of my favorites. We went to the lean to site and it was clean, quiet, and peaceful.

Sat Feb 06 2016

Expect to get your boots wet

Sun Aug 23 2015

I found this trail to be pretty nondescript with a disappointing end view. The County Line Lake trail from the same trailhead is one of the best hikes I've ever been on with a stunning, dynamic forest/wetland. I expected this trail to be just as nice, but it was basically just a walk in the woods. The trail is easy and flat. I would not recommend the tent site for camping or fishing. I think this may be a 5 star winter trail, however.

Thu Mar 27 2014

Quiet and relatively easy hike with a very beautiful conclusion. I've completed this hike twice and thoroughly enjoyed it both times.

recorded Recording - Sep 11, 03:38 PM