Chase Lake Trail

Chase Lake Trail is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gloversville, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from December until February.

Under normal conditions I'm sure this trail would be very a very easy, and enjoyable hike from the trailhead to lean-to, or tent site. But VERY wet this time of year. Trail alternated from being snow covered, to swampy, to just completely flooded. Very few dry spots. Probably close to a dozen water crossings, most fairly easy. One of the last crossings before reaching the lean-to site was a knee deep fast running stream which had no natural or man made crossing spots, with the exception of a large fallen log positioned about 6 feet directly over a little waterfall that can be scooted across, but is kind of dicey. Safest way across this one is boots off and feet wet. Lake itself was still covered with ice. Lean-to area was clean and well kept with ample sources of firewood in the immediate area.

My cousin Bailey and I loved this trail. It's a pretty easy one, but the lake is beautiful. I'm sure we'll be bringing more of our family here!

Leaches in water. Not good for swimming.

Never got to hike it do to no parking areas left. So ended up going to speculater instead. Was very disappointed,parking is very limited.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

loved the view and the hike there wasn't too bad. Nice and peaceful escape. Not to mention there is camping areas by the lake.

Sunday, June 05, 2016

ddeaedyrwuee23!tdd2aayv

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Fantastic. One of my favorites. We went to the lean to site and it was clean, quiet, and peaceful.

Saturday, February 06, 2016

Expect to get your boots wet

Sunday, August 23, 2015

I found this trail to be pretty nondescript with a disappointing end view. The County Line Lake trail from the same trailhead is one of the best hikes I've ever been on with a stunning, dynamic forest/wetland. I expected this trail to be just as nice, but it was basically just a walk in the woods. The trail is easy and flat. I would not recommend the tent site for camping or fishing. I think this may be a 5 star winter trail, however.

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Quiet and relatively easy hike with a very beautiful conclusion. I've completed this hike twice and thoroughly enjoyed it both times.