Cayuga Trail

Cayuga Trail is a 9.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Ithaca, New York and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

wheelchair friendly

This is a great trail! to piggyback on what others have said the variety of ecosystems and elevations are just amazing I like that it is lightly used as well and I'll be bringing my Hiking Club here every once in a while it's a great addition to our regular rotation of hikes!

I love this path, perhaps for nostalgia sake, but it really is beautiful and exemplifies why Ithaca is GORGEous! I would run this track in the evenings and reminded how beautiful the world can be! Wonderful in the winter too with all the snow but less friendly for running!

Friday, June 24, 2016

Love it!

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Sunday, April 03, 2016

A friend and I just hiked this trail start to end and back to start, during late March. The campus section is a patchwork of natural areas and civilization, but it gets a bit more wild as it goes. It passes through a variety of different ecosystems/topographies, and there are a couple spots with pretty nice views. There are also some points where the routing of the trail feels a bit arbitrary and unnecessary. The trail is pretty well blazed in most spots, but having the map and/or directions can be a helpful backup. There are no bathrooms or places to get water (except for the Plantations Visitors Center).

Saturday, April 02, 2016

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Trail would have been a 4 star if we didn't have to walk on the road to get back to where we started (Monkey Road). First half was less enjoyable but that may have been because it was wet and rainy when we went. The second half has amazing views of Fall Creek. A good hike, pretty easy, would recommend to do when not rainy.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Went during the fall. beautiful colors. wish there were more markers on where to go. peaceful trip though. great place to spend an afternoon.

Monday, September 01, 2014

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

One of my favorite trails!