Cat's Rock via Appalachian Trail

Cat's Rock via Appalachian Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Pawling, New York that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and is primarily used for hiking and trail running.

Terrific short hike beautiful views fro the top!!!

My favorite sunrise spot in the area!! Had a Thursday off of work so I decided to seize the day and watch the sunrise...I wasn't disappointed!!

Nice views

Nice short hike with good elevation and nice view from the overlook.

This is a very steep hike with some rock climbing. I enjoyed it but wasn’t expecting it to be like that. I would go back

Very rewarding view and a pleasant hike. We had kids and a dog with us and everyone enjoyed it.

Quick, but steep walk to the top - actually missed the overlook, but found it on my way back. Gorgeous view!

I’m not sure if it’s what I ate for breakfast or the all of a sudden winter to summer 84 degree weather BUT that was an intense little hike to the top.

We hiked up from West Dover Rd. Park next to the old oak tree. Some rock scrambling on the way up and way back but not too bad. Had to dodge some patches of ice here and there. Nice little waterfalls along the way, and when you get to the top the view of the valley below is fantastic. Would love to come back in the fall to see the peak foliage.

This is my favorite local place to watch the sunrise...pretty easy trip, even in the dark!! Park by the Dover oak....the biggest white oak in NY State as well as the largest white blazed tree on the entire Appalachian trail

Thursday, January 01, 2015