Cathedral Pines Trail

Cathedral Pines Trail is a 5.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Brookhaven, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beginner to intermediate single track. 6-mile beginner loop with additional 5 miles of optional advanced hill climbs.

trails are barely marked. i’m very thankful for the trail map on this app - the trails are not well marked at all, and my hiking partner and i had to open the map from here and use a compass to find our way back to civilization. lots of bikers on the trails, which was fine because there are so many trails. well maintained, they just really need proper markers.

Nice place. Diverse trails. Would def do it again.

Surprisingly great mountain biking trail. Fairly easy but challenging at certain spots. Great for a beginners like us! Free entry at certain times of the year!

well marked, we'll maintained.

Although it says it's a hiking trail it really is mostly a mountain bike trail. It wasn't crowded but there were a few sets of bikers so we had to stop and step to the side. But, the trail was fun and I might do it again.

trails could be marked better

Thursday, November 17, 2016

to many roots and drops.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Awesome calm ride getting used to the trails. We'll be back

Friday, June 03, 2016

Trail was nice, but they really need to label the different trails more efficiently

Friday, April 29, 2016

I ride this trail so much in the summer. Its alot of fun. I cant wait to go again.

Wednesday, December 02, 2015

great place to get to if you need to get a bike ride in and out quick, a good workout there's a couple of nice Black Diamond areas where you do some nice climbing..

Monday, June 22, 2015

This was my first time with my wife on this trail and we like it. It is good for beginner although there are lots of roots, its not too hilly mostly flat.

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Rode this trail today. Just started mountain biking and this trail was pretty competitive. A lot of mud spots but I'm sure on the drier days its better. Enjoyed the turns and hills but trails are tight. In my upper 40's so I will continue on this trail until I complete it. Overall I enjoyed this trail and for sure recommend it but not for beginners.

Thursday, October 09, 2014

Rode it today last time was about 4 years ago. Took the fat boy. It's definitely a entry level trail yet a lot of fun only 3 climbs to speak of but non the less a good ride it's a good trail to keep a really good pace going all through out. Had a little trouble following signs to cover all the ground. Made a few u turns. It's a good trail to start the season off to get the legs warmed up. And handling back. Not my favorite but fun.

Saturday, September 20, 2014

This is a great trail, it's certainly one of the nicest I've ran in a while. There are usually some cyclist but it's quiet and serene, definitely still a great place to run and well worth the hike. (no pun intended)

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

I used the hiking trail for a practice run with all my backpacking gear. Hiked about 5 miles. The hiking trails runs along side the bike trail. There were no hikers on the trail, but some bikes would go by . Trail is well marked and very peaceful

Wednesday, June 05, 2013

im new at mountain biking did th his trail today and really enjoyed it. im looking forward ti doing it again

Thursday, May 02, 2013

I'm pretty new to mountain biking but I love this trail. It's challenging and fun. The main loop is only 4.2 miles if you don't go on any of the black diamond trails. A lot of fun downhills and logs to jump over.

Friday, August 17, 2012

This is a great beginner trail! It is also a fun ride for the more experienced biker. It has a few hilly areas, but it is the sand traps that will get you! I love the trick or treat cut, don't miss it!