Cat Mountain Trail

Cat Mountain Trail is a 10.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Wanakena, New York that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until October.

it's not a hike for the faint of heart.. but please don't let me saying that discourage you.. there are prestige trout fishing pounds at the end of the hike at the base of the mountain that are rich in brook and brown. but make sure you have time to fish! I first hand know having to hike out at ten - eleven o'clock at night and it's at the very least not fun lol.. I am thankfully a native of the five ponds wilderness and have done the hike many times.. even if your not a fisherman, the views from the top of cat Mountain are some of the best in the Adirondacks and by far the best in my local region and it's definitely well worth the trip! P.S. the pictures of the two guys on top of the mountain were taken by my best friend and i and also feel free to look me up on Facebook and let's plan a camping/fishing trip, the more the merrier!

Sunday, September 29, 2013