Cat and Thomas Mountain Trail

Cat and Thomas Mountain Trail is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bolton Landing, New York that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This hike is on a nature preserve made possible by the Lake George Land Conservancy. The trail coincides with the the Thomas Mountain trail up to a clearing some 0.75 miles from the trailhead. Both mountains have far range views, especially on a clear day, and Lake George is easily seen.

I've hiked Thomas a few times, but yesterday was my first time doing Cat. We hiked Cat first then went to the Cabin on Thomas. The hike was well marked and a good balance of easy to moderate sections.

Went to Cat first, then over to Thomas. Was glad I did that because there was some spots I would have had issues going down, but did fine going up them! Some areas were very strenuous but those areas were short. Definitely worked up a sweat and needed a few breaks to catch my breath. Met some great people at the cabin! Was told the cabin will be demolished soon though, so glad I got to hang there for awhile today and enjoy the view. Will definitely return in late spring or early fall. My gps said I did 7.2 miles total, in case anyone wanted to know.

Hiked this trail last month. For it being my first mountain hike ever, I felt it was a good intro to the sport.

Only did Thomas. Easy 40 minutes to top from parking lot. Cabin is insanely cool and the views are totally picturesque. Went back down and drove the 3.6 miles down the road to The Pinnacle and climbed that, which was even shorter and quite easy. Two nice, small mountain views (with different perspectives) easily accomplished in half a day with lots of picture taking. Note: there's a rustic outhouse at trailhead for Cat/Thomas and at the Thomas cabin. No paper so bring some. Loved Thomas views, will be back to do just Cat.

One of my favorite views of the Lake George region on Cat. You can see across the lake to Sleeping Beauty and Buck. The blue trail is easier than the yellow, where the trail is trickier and more difficult between Cat and Thomas. Perfect views in the Fall.

Great hike with great views! I enjoyed the incline. Really got the heart going!!

I started this hike to Cat Mountain summit believing it was a moderate hike. The beginning was pretty easy, along an old logging road. However, as I neared the end, there was a detour off the logging road and that is where things got much harder. The view from the top was well worth the trip though.

Can Alltrails break this down into two separate hikes? Distance and entrance from Edgecomb pond?

At roughly eight miles, this was my first "long" hike in the ADKs (July 11, 2017). Went on a misty day but by the time, my SIL and I got to the top of Cat Mountain, the views were visible and enjoyable! Marking this as a three only because there are other hikes I've done in these parts that are nicer. However, if you are looking for a short easy hike to get yourself moving, Thomas Mountain would be just that! All a matter of taste, really. The hike up Cat Mountain is wooded, long, and steep in a few places but reminded me of The Chester Challenge hikes combined! The hike up Thomas Mountain is pretty short and not too difficult and what made up for the lack of a view were fresh and ripe blueberries just waiting to be picked! ;-)