Castle Rock Trail

Castle Rock Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Blue Mountain Lake, New York that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I love this trail! And, while I found it to be a lot of fun, which just enough challenge to keep you engaged. My best friend found the scrambles bad on her knees. This area is known for black flies in the summer and they are very determined creatures. Other than that, please pack a lunch and enjoy the amazing view from the top. This entire area is close to my heart.

Nice stroll through the woods to a fairly easy hike up the hill. Like others; we got turned around on the yellow trail because the trail markers are a little tricky. If you get to a big rock wall/cave (very cool to explore) you have to go back and go to a trail to the left. (Look for spray paint on a rock) The view at the top is fantastic! Well worth the hike when you get to the top!

the wife and I really enjoyed this challenge!
50 something's with novice level experience.
this was a moderately demanding hike for us but very rewarding. we really enjoyed the view from the top and the satisfaction of completing the trip. it gets progressively harder, so take your time and persevere.

Castle rock was by far these most efficient hike for me. The view it grants from the top is way too beautiful for hike that small. I am an intermediate hiker and found this hike relatively easy. I did not do the castle rock loop but just went straight for castle rock. The markers can get confusing at times and one needs to keep an eye out for them.

Awesome

Can't beat the view and the spelunking. Best in the adirondacks for a hike less than 2 miles. Starts of as an easy and pleasant stroll through the woods, but quickly becomes steep enough to require promises of victory donuts for those whose fitness is less than "minimally fit" (for the olympics). Well worth climb.