Cascades of Attica (5 Falls) Trail

Cascades of Attica (5 Falls) Trail is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Attica, New York that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

The trail isn't marked, the recorded trail is wrong, don't go by it. You will get as lost as I did. Garbage and broken glass is everywhere. At the beginning of the trail stay to the left and follow the trail, it will lead you to a rope that will take you to the river bed, you could then walk back up river to the fall. Someone built a dam at the bottom of the fall so you could swim :)

Great hike and challenging but fun. I don't know who recorded the original trail but there wasn't a trail to be seen. We hiked the gorge mostly both ways. I used a rope to climb up the side of the waterfall... to find it was tied to a rotting stump after I made it up. Might not do that again. There was a lot of garbage around including glass. If this is the kind of hike you like I would recommend Conklin Gully instead.

Gorgeous views but definitely not for the mild hikers or anyone scared of heights. Also not a good hike for anyone under 16 or animals. Other then that it had spectacular views, would love to see it in the fall.

Whoa! Nice nice trail. A hidden gem!

Trail was not marked at all and we got lost several times. Not sure if the part we walked was the trail or not but one wrong move and you're rolling down the cliff side. Only went halfway and turned back to leave.

This trail is not marked. We found ourselves in a bad spot and had to turn back and try over. Keep the fence between you and the stream or else you will be walking along a very hard steep slope that is extremely dangerous.we could not finish the entire trail since it is not blazed.

This hike was extremely muddy. And with the extremely high spring waters, the trail was quite treacherous. But the falls were beautiful!
There is much trash and lots of broken glass so be-careful.

Friday, July 08, 2016

Beautiful! No one else was there, very little trash and the water was running!

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

It was very pretty but short and took a few tries to find the trail. On several trees was sort of a count down to falls, stating how far you were. Saddy lots of trash, we did pass a few people. I was not very difficult, I hiked with my toddler on my back.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Sunday, May 22, 2016

I'm shocked to see it on here! This is private property. lol Good luck on that

Saturday, May 14, 2016

the hiking is hard but fun.

Monday, May 09, 2016