Cascades of Attica (5 Falls) Trail

Cascades of Attica (5 Falls) Trail is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Attica, New York that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

no trail markings, trail is rather difficult to follow, however it was fun and challenging. Went down to the creek about a half of a mile down the trail then followed the water a ways. Climbed back up the embankment and followed the top trail back. I did not see the rope near the falls, but we did not investigate too hard.

The trail isn't marked, the recorded trail is wrong, don't go by it. You will get as lost as I did. Garbage and broken glass is everywhere. At the beginning of the trail stay to the left and follow the trail, it will lead you to a rope that will take you to the river bed, you could then walk back up river to the fall. Someone built a dam at the bottom of the fall so you could swim :)

Great hike and challenging but fun. I don't know who recorded the original trail but there wasn't a trail to be seen. We hiked the gorge mostly both ways. I used a rope to climb up the side of the waterfall... to find it was tied to a rotting stump after I made it up. Might not do that again. There was a lot of garbage around including glass. If this is the kind of hike you like I would recommend Conklin Gully instead.

Gorgeous views but definitely not for the mild hikers or anyone scared of heights. Also not a good hike for anyone under 16 or animals. Other then that it had spectacular views, would love to see it in the fall.

Whoa! Nice nice trail. A hidden gem!

Trail was not marked at all and we got lost several times. Not sure if the part we walked was the trail or not but one wrong move and you're rolling down the cliff side. Only went halfway and turned back to leave.

This trail is not marked. We found ourselves in a bad spot and had to turn back and try over. Keep the fence between you and the stream or else you will be walking along a very hard steep slope that is extremely dangerous.we could not finish the entire trail since it is not blazed.

This hike was extremely muddy. And with the extremely high spring waters, the trail was quite treacherous. But the falls were beautiful!
There is much trash and lots of broken glass so be-careful.

Friday, July 08, 2016

Beautiful! No one else was there, very little trash and the water was running!

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

It was very pretty but short and took a few tries to find the trail. On several trees was sort of a count down to falls, stating how far you were. Saddy lots of trash, we did pass a few people. I was not very difficult, I hiked with my toddler on my back.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

I'm shocked to see it on here! This is private property. lol Good luck on that

Saturday, May 14, 2016

the hiking is hard but fun.

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Very pretty falls. It was hard to find but the other reviewers directions helped with that. I'm not 100% certain that this can be considered a legitimate hike since there are no trespassing signs put up. However, we decided to trust the other reviewer who said the owner doesn't mind hikers.

Thursday, August 06, 2015

the trail was breathtaking walking down the creek has some good views, I didn't see any other hikers there, its on private property but their okay with people hiking in the area, the walk down the river is definitely worth it, be careful because its very steep at times, hiking boots and water shoes are recommend.

Monday, June 10, 2013

The scenery and the falls on this trail are truly beautiful and I was glad to see them. That being said, there are a few negatives about this trail. The trailhead is difficult to find, if it weren't for the directions given by another reviewer, I would not have found the trail. It is not marked. There is quite a bit of trash along the trail; beer cans, pop bottles, candy wrappers, lighters. The trash makes me think this is more of a local teenage hangout. However, the biggest negative for me was the extreme shortness of the trail. It may not even be a full mile in and out. I was expecting a hike, not a walk around the block.

Saturday, July 07, 2012

Lived near by my whole life. It is located on Private property but the owners are fine with Hiking. Parting is what was frowned upon. Very steep grades and if its wet it can be a bit tricky. Great scenery.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

this is a gem,defintely worth the trouble. Love waterfalls.can be rather diff. all depend on the weather!

Monday, March 05, 2012

I live near by here, hike here all the time, entrance is on cascade road just off of exchange street, right on the big curve in the road. Great place to hike, it's definitely a trek and can be difficult at times. DEFINITELY worth it.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Couldn't find and when I went online to look up states on private property! Don't waste your time