Cascades of Attica (5 Falls) Trail

Cascades of Attica (5 Falls) Trail is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Attica, New York that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

Trail was not marked at all and we got lost several times. Not sure if the part we walked was the trail or not but one wrong move and you're rolling down the cliff side. Only went halfway and turned back to leave.

This trail is not marked. We found ourselves in a bad spot and had to turn back and try over. Keep the fence between you and the stream or else you will be walking along a very hard steep slope that is extremely dangerous.we could not finish the entire trail since it is not blazed.

This hike was extremely muddy. And with the extremely high spring waters, the trail was quite treacherous. But the falls were beautiful!
There is much trash and lots of broken glass so be-careful.

Friday, July 08, 2016

Beautiful! No one else was there, very little trash and the water was running!

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

It was very pretty but short and took a few tries to find the trail. On several trees was sort of a count down to falls, stating how far you were. Saddy lots of trash, we did pass a few people. I was not very difficult, I hiked with my toddler on my back.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Sunday, May 22, 2016

I'm shocked to see it on here! This is private property. lol Good luck on that

Saturday, May 14, 2016

the hiking is hard but fun.

Monday, May 09, 2016

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Very pretty falls. It was hard to find but the other reviewers directions helped with that. I'm not 100% certain that this can be considered a legitimate hike since there are no trespassing signs put up. However, we decided to trust the other reviewer who said the owner doesn't mind hikers.

Thursday, August 06, 2015

the trail was breathtaking walking down the creek has some good views, I didn't see any other hikers there, its on private property but their okay with people hiking in the area, the walk down the river is definitely worth it, be careful because its very steep at times, hiking boots and water shoes are recommend.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Monday, June 10, 2013

The scenery and the falls on this trail are truly beautiful and I was glad to see them. That being said, there are a few negatives about this trail. The trailhead is difficult to find, if it weren't for the directions given by another reviewer, I would not have found the trail. It is not marked. There is quite a bit of trash along the trail; beer cans, pop bottles, candy wrappers, lighters. The trash makes me think this is more of a local teenage hangout. However, the biggest negative for me was the extreme shortness of the trail. It may not even be a full mile in and out. I was expecting a hike, not a walk around the block.

Saturday, February 16, 2013