Cascade Lake Loop (Red Trail)

Cascade Lake Loop (Red Trail) is a 1.5 mile loop trail located near Warwick, New York that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Lots of little trails in here and nice spots to hang out around the lake.

Nice hikes, just wish they would mark them! You have to go after a heavy rainfall!

Nice easy walk for the kids and dog. Bring fishing poles. Lots of frogs.

Easy but really confusing as trails weren't marked OR you had to walk in a little before you could find the marks. Lake and waterfall were pretty. Since it's close I guess I'd walk it again but there are nicer trails.

Poorly maintained and lots of ATV destruction. I walk the loop regularly as it is a pretty lake and super dog friendly. Beaver damage along Longhouse Creek is bad but comes with the bonus of beaver sightings. For those who have never been- the red markings are hard to follow but most of trails are two lanes wide thanks to illegal off road riders so you won't get lost.

Took my elderly mother and 8 year old daughter to this trail. We wanted a little nature walk and to see the lake/waterfall. Thanks to tips on here, I knew to head to the left toward the end of the trail to get to the falls. The terrain is rocky but my mother didn't have much trouble getting around. It was a nice afternoon spent outdoors. I scored it a 4 because I didn't get to see the rest of the trail but will update once I get the chance to.

Did this hike yesterday, with the high waters the waterfall is putting on a nice show! If you just want to see the falls it's a short walk to the left of the parking lot. Otherwise it's a nice hike just pay attention to the red markings as they tend to disappear occasionally. If anyone wants to hike it with me just send email to marky2@aol.com

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Friday, October 14, 2016

Friday, September 23, 2016

Trail is rocky, muddy and rough. Save time and just wrap your ankles before you go! I've twisted mine on multiple occasions tripping on rocks and tree roots. Poorly marked, (got lost first 2x's I went). Still haven't found the falls, And the loop is more like 6 miles not 1.5. My advice is skip the loop, walk in the OPPOSITE direction at crossroads and go straight to the lake. The Loop is rough and nothing but trees, No view of the lake. BUT... The lake is beautiful, clean, quiet and a nice place for a picnic and a swim.

Monday, April 25, 2016

Overall it was a good experience. But the park was VERY confusing. I was looking for the water falls and couldn't find it. The lake is very nice and relaxing. The weather made the experience even better. There's a little area past the lake where you can hang out. I went up the trail afterwards and got lost and couldn't wait until I found my way back. Be prepared to do a lot of walking.