Learn more

Cascade Lake Loop (Red Trail)

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(76)
Warwick, New York

Cascade Lake Loop (Red Trail) is a 1.5 mile loop trail located near Warwick, New York that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.5 miles Elevation Gain: 104 feet Route Type: Loop

Very nice and easy trail around a lovely lake. Great to come with kids

Stopped here because I happened to be in the area and wanted to kill some time. I think it’s an alright trail for that situation or if you’re local. Not too many people there, just people fishing.

This map does not match the one provided by the town: https://www.townofwarwick.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/2006_cascade_lake_map.pdf The red trail was kind of well marked when we started from the parking lot.

fee

Very fast trail run, beautiful , but 12 minutes -

Nice trail but not very well marked. Got off trail on occasion but was able to get back on relatively easily. Doing the left turn u turn around the bottom of the lake was also not well marked and the trail was not easy to find. But good hike overall and the dog and kids liked it.

flooded

Trail was on for our first hike!

Beautiful park with beautiful views - including NYC. Moderately easy hike.

Not well marked

There is hardly a trail here. Many downed trees, not marked well. I do not recommend this one.

this trail was very hard to stay on. poorly marked.

Mon Jun 17 2019

Overall I would say this is a very easy trail however be aware of tons of bugs. I left covered in millions of mosquito bites so make sure to lather yourself in deet. the trail was also very rocky and some parts were a bit muddy. there are no markers and several sections where there are partitions so you wont know which way to go but thankfully a nice young woman who was also on the trail helped to guide me in the right direction to the falls.

Sun Jun 02 2019

Sat Mar 23 2019

we definitely went the wrong way but nice views and we also saw some friendly dogs and overall is a good time The trails are marked very well so it's a little tough but overall we had a fun time and I would probably do it againand we also saw some friendly dogs and overall is a good time The trails are marked very well so it's a little tough but overall we had a fun time and I would probably do it again

Sun Aug 26 2018

The red trail was flooded so we followed one of the atv trains parallel to the red trail. We made it to the waterfall, which is a series of small waterfalls that cascade down a hill, nothing spectacular. The lake is beautiful though. We hung out for a while but the bugs too much so we gave up. Easy walk. Bring bugspray.

Sat Jun 02 2018

Very muddy and buggy. However our hike w the dog was enjoyable. The was no service so we used our natural nav skills because the trail was not clearly marked. Waterfall is really cool.

Thu Dec 21 2017

Nice trail. Not the best not the worst. The scenery is nice, but the trail needs some serious TLC. If you’re going to walk the trail definitely make use of the app’s GPS.

Sun Nov 12 2017

Lots of little trails in here and nice spots to hang out around the lake.

Sun Aug 27 2017

Nice hikes, just wish they would mark them! You have to go after a heavy rainfall!

Sun Aug 27 2017

Nice easy walk for the kids and dog. Bring fishing poles. Lots of frogs.

Wed Jul 19 2017

Easy but really confusing as trails weren't marked OR you had to walk in a little before you could find the marks. Lake and waterfall were pretty. Since it's close I guess I'd walk it again but there are nicer trails.