Canadice Lake via Rob's trail

Canadice Lake via Rob's trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near West Canadice Corners, New York that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Challenging trail down to the water. Not for the faint of knee. Feels so good when you make it back to the top though. Pretty trail. Second time hiking it but we saw an eagle the first time.

Great hike today! In mid 7o's weather. The trail through the meadow is well defined and marked when needed. The trail down to Canadice lake is well marked - not sure about earlier reviews - I've been hiking this trail for the last 3 years. The trail from the summit to the lake has some relatively new switchbacks making the climb easier but not really easy. All in all a fine trail to hike.

Decent short trail for NY. I did the trail just after a few days of rain and of course it was quite muddy at the top. If your looking for a nice dry trail...try going West of the Mississippi. Once you get to the actual descent and the trail leading to it, it’s a nice dry hike. Really quiet and empty....never saw a fellow hiker. Great trail for any skill level and family friendly. If you have done trails at stony brook, and your not impressed by crowds, NYS park fees, and dirty diaper trail markers, give these lesser known trails a shot. Enjoy.

We attempted to hike Rob's Trail to Canadice Lake today. First, the trail is not marked. Secondly, we followed the very soggy path for about 3/4 miles in but due to the ankle high mud we decided to turn back. Lastly, we drove to the lakeside about 15 minutes away and the lake was perfect. My afterthought about the trail: The meadow had several song birds which gave my wife good photography opportunities.

Yeah, it's been a wet summer but this trail is a muddy mess. Not much fun. We never could find the trail that heads down to the water...not marked. The meadows are at least pretty.

This was well maintained and clearly marked trail with lots of varying terrain. We took the Hemlock Lake Trail today. There were quite of few hikers on the trail today. The trip back to the parking lot was quite the work out. I would not have rated this an easy trail. We are planning to go back to hike to Canadice Lake.

good trail, hiked it with my 5 year old.

Friday, May 12, 2017

One of my favorite hikes. I'v accessed it from both ends of Canadice Lake and then Old Bald Hill Rd. S.
My preference is to park on Old Bald Hill Rd. S. parking lot and go to Canadice Lake and then back up past the parking lot and down to Hemlock Lake and finally back to the parking lot.
This is about 7 miles round trip, and 1200 ft. elevation gain. Such a nice workout.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Went out on a chilly February morning. Nice walk along lake. Ascent up to Rob's trail was very muddy. More mud on top, but overall a lot of fun. Definitely worth getting out for a hike with my daughter and friends.

Friday, February 17, 2017

Me and my gf adventured down this trail for the first time last week. Towards the end due to the winter weather the closer you get to the lake the more difficult it gets due to the snow and mud. In all it was well maintained and challenging enough.

recorded robs trail in