Camp Smith Trail to Anthony's Nose

Camp Smith Trail to Anthony's Nose is a 6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Cortlandt Manor, New York that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Park at the Historic Bear Mountain Toll House

I love this hike. It has a fair amount of scrambling and the trail itself is rocky. I would suggest ankle support and good traction footwear especially if it is wet. Nice payoff at Anthony's Nose. Beautiful Spot. Good workout.

I hiked this trail in mid October 2017 when it was still warm out. It’s a pretty steep trail!So definitely get your trekking poles out for this one. It’s also fairly marked and well trafficked. Beautiful views at the top! I would definitely hike this one again.

great hike. definitely more difficult on the moderate hike spectrum but still do able and enjoyable. It gets crowded about a mile before Anthony's nose because there's parking for a shorter trail to the peak. nice view from the top, however we had some of the best views along the way in the first couple miles. It was very crowded at the nose. there is cars and a main road along the first couple miles as well but we didn't mind. lots of rocks. overall an awesome hike it definitely pushed us and was very rewarding!

its a nice hike... good views along most of the trail. ... however with fall foliage in peak this hike would be AMAZING like many others in the area.

Amazing views at the top! The trail is very dog friendly.

Get to the trail early on the weekends...trail and peak and get quite crowded. Overall a great hike with terrific views of the Hudson

Beautiful trail. Just hard enough to be challenging. Amazing views, well kept and clearly marked. I highly recommend a visit

Challenging for beginners but a lot of fun. Well marked and that view!! Worth checking out.

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Toll house to Anthonys Nose and back is about 6 miles and i say more then moderate hike, it has alot of ups and downs BOTH ways all the way until the end! just when u think your back yheree one last hill!! Enjoy #LVN

Monday, November 14, 2016

Fun trail with a bit of up and down. A little too close to the road for it to be totally quiet at time.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Very narrow trail with at least the first 20 minutes wedged in between the highway on one side and a militarily shooting range on the other (we didn't hear any guns). But not really my idea of a quiet walk out in nature. The hike might get better but we turned back after 20 minutes.

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Good hike, nice views and foliage. Diverse elevation so you're going up and down, which keeps it interesting. I brought my dog, he liked it a lot. We went on a Wednesday, we only met 2 other hiking groups. I wanted to make this a loop by taking the Military Road trail but it is closed off with several DANGER signs saying there are hidden explosives in the area.

Monday, September 26, 2016

Great views aim a nice day. Constant up and down with lots of rocks. Feet and quads ache but in a good way. I thought just as tough as breakneck which is quite easy once you reach the top

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Easy to moderate Great sights but go to the end where you get a birds eye view of Bear Mtn bridge If your view is obstructed by trees you haven't gone far enough

Monday, July 04, 2016

for a beginner this was a great trail. beautiful views. nice ascents and descents.

Monday, June 20, 2016

Easy trail, markings are a bit confusing at the beginning but even with getting off the trail we found a great viewpoint and it was very easy to find our way back. Good for a quick day hike and definitely dog friendly!

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Good for starters.

Monday, March 14, 2016

Great

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Great I'd definitely do it again

Monday, December 21, 2015

We loved it! Only had time to go half way but got fantastic sweet spot pics!