Camillus Forest Unique Area Trails

Camillus Forest Unique Area Trails is a 2.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Camillus, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

NYSDEC Forest Unique Area featuring a loop up a hill and through several environments. A hike through new growth forest, fields and a somewhat over grown scrub. The south-western portion affords an expansive view of Onondaga Lake and the west side of the City of Syracuse.

it was a great trail and fairly easy for our son and dog. would definitely go again!

Love this trail. I wish that it was maintained better, I had to pull 6 ticks off my dogs after walking through the tall grass.

loved it

found this trail by accident while out geocaching. will definitely do it again once the weather gets better.

This should be rated as easy instead of moderate. I have hiked it numerous times by myself and also with a friend with a 3 year old, and he did fine.

I am definitely going to try trail running on this next.

Beautiful little park,lots of variety of plant cover. Great for birding and botanizing. Over three hundred foot elevation change makes for fun xc ski runs. Winter is my favorite time to enjoy CUA.

Very nice trail with beautiful distant views. Trails not well marked and many cross trails and forks make it easy to become disoriented. Convenient location and plenty of parking available on Thompson Rd..

There were some nice old trees to see, but we spent a good deal of time walking around a meadow. Not my cup of tea!

nice little hike in the middle of a busy village