Camillus Forest Unique Area Trails

Camillus Forest Unique Area Trails is a 2.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Camillus, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

NYSDEC Forest Unique Area featuring a loop up a hill and through several environments. A hike through new growth forest, fields and a somewhat over grown scrub. The south-western portion affords an expansive view of Onondaga Lake and the west side of the City of Syracuse.

You basically walk up a hill through a field, then walk through a small forest and then back down to the car. Fun times.

The trail isn't well kept and there's lots of bugs due to high grass.

This trail snakes through one of the few untouched old-growth forest stands left in NY state. Great place to go if you're looking for a peaceful walk in the woods

Seems like it could be a nice hike but today (my first visit) it was overgrown and the trail difficult to follow. Lots of bugs due to the high grass.

it was a great trail and fairly easy for our son and dog. would definitely go again!

Love this trail. I wish that it was maintained better, I had to pull 6 ticks off my dogs after walking through the tall grass.

loved it

found this trail by accident while out geocaching. will definitely do it again once the weather gets better.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

This should be rated as easy instead of moderate. I have hiked it numerous times by myself and also with a friend with a 3 year old, and he did fine.

I am definitely going to try trail running on this next.

Friday, October 07, 2016

Beautiful little park,lots of variety of plant cover. Great for birding and botanizing. Over three hundred foot elevation change makes for fun xc ski runs. Winter is my favorite time to enjoy CUA.

Friday, October 07, 2016

Very nice trail with beautiful distant views. Trails not well marked and many cross trails and forks make it easy to become disoriented. Convenient location and plenty of parking available on Thompson Rd..

Sunday, August 21, 2016

There were some nice old trees to see, but we spent a good deal of time walking around a meadow. Not my cup of tea!

Monday, August 15, 2016

nice little hike in the middle of a busy village

Sunday, June 26, 2016

It was a good hike, especially with the dog. It was very close to home, which was nice and it had some amazing views from the top of the hill. The trails need a bit more maintenance as some of them are extremely overgrown, but othwr than that, it was a nice hike.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Good Trail. We went on with shorts. We felt should have come with full tracks as trail has knee height gross for some long

Sunday, May 22, 2016

First time in this area even though I've lived 30 minutes away for 20 years! Beautiful on trail 5! We only wish we had more time today to explore all the trails!

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

i like the random cars and metal structures that we came across hiking. nice exercise and a few muddy areas this early in the summer but the dog still did fine

Monday, May 09, 2016

Good hike

Saturday, March 26, 2016

It was a great trail with son,niece and nephew and my dog loved it. Can get a bit muddy in some areas so be prepared. A great fast hike