Calcium Trails

Calcium Trails is a 4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Watertown, New York that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This was my first time walking this trail with my dog and we both loved it. For the first 1/4 mile you can hear the traffic, but I was surprised that after that I didn't hear any! The trail was very well maintained and the pond was beautiful! I went when there was only one other person on the trail, which was super nice but I know this trail can get crowded because I've seen lots of cars in the parking lot when I pass by on my way to work. I liked that there were signs to tell you how far along the trail you are and benches periodically! The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is that the trail is behind houses, which you have a full view of for about 1/2 mile, so it distracts from the wildlife and seclusion of it from the surrounding areas. But I'll definitely be taking my dog here for walks again!

good nice long walk. wore out my kids and dogs for sure lol

The only thing i did not like was listening to the cars driving by. Otherwise there were baby geese, toads, and these beautiful black and orange birds along the way.

Relaxing, easy trail.

Nice easy gravel path in rural setting, not far from town.

Picture of lake is not representative, there is a marsh but no lake.

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Great short trail with nice area half way in to stop and view the pond.

Friday, August 07, 2015

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Very nice trail. Maintained and groomed very well. Perfectly marked (ever 1/4 mile) and allows animals on leashes. Very little hills so it's perfect for the entire family.

Monday, May 26, 2014

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Great place for Jog! love the view of them pond.

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Besides the bugs this is a great little trail. Few benches in between and mini play ground as we'll. Don't go to fast down 11 or you'll pass it.

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Sunday, September 08, 2013

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Nice little trail, all hard surface. Decent for a quick little run.