Butler Outer Loop Trail

Butler Outer Loop Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mt Kisco, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful but 684 is very loud. Truly a walk in nature and woods. Bring bug spray!!! The blue trail literally ended abruptly and there was Byram Lake I believe. Had to walk back the trail because there wasn’t a loop. Also, they’re working at the beginning of the trail to fix some things.

Otherwise, serene if you play your own music (meditational). Fairy-like woods.

More of a walk through the woods than a hike. Very relaxing and not crowded on a weekend. If you're expecting not to sweat, this is your pick.

Great hike. Kids and our dog enjoyed it. Got lost because the trails aren’t mark properly. Park was quite and not crowded.

Varying slope keeps this hike interesting. Beautiful scenery once you get away from the road a bit. I recommend Red in and Yellow out. Moderate trail traffic.

So many beautiful trails to choose from, peaceful and serene hiking any time of the year.

Thursday, July 06, 2017

This isn't advertised for trail running, but I found this to be an awesome running trail! There were enough hills to be challenging and soft ground to cushion knees. I made the mistake of going right when I started, but picked up another person's track when I got lost and ended up with a decent run. Will definitely be back!

Sunday, June 04, 2017

I love the bird/hawk watch.

Saturday, June 03, 2017

There are many chipmunks and also there is a plane for bird watching. I saw hawks or falcons - I did not understand. Orange trail on which you turn off from red, leads to the swamp and there two mites fell on me and on the path I met a snake that merged in color with a path, it's good that I looked under my feet. Do not turn onto the orange trail from red, if you do not want a mite or snake bite

Sunday, April 23, 2017

beautiful.

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Road noise close to 684

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Pleasant walk, easy, well marked trails.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

This was a very nice trail, we followed the red trail to the yellow trail in a loop. It was very well marked and easy to navigate. It took us under 2 hours. The bird observation spot was pretty cool. If it wasn't 95 degrees today we would have stayed there a little longer. The trail was shaded the whole way so it didn't feel too hot. I would definitely come back again and try some of the other marked trails.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Easy trail for all skill levels with some inclines to help vary the pace. Lots of chipmunks and squirrels for kids to enjoy looking at as well as Hawks and deer!

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Trail is very well maintained and marked. Definitely some challenging inclines, lots of toads on the trail and a good workout. We enjoyed our hike and will go again!

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Good for local 2 hr hike.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Easy trail to walk, great for beginners.

Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Well marked, well maintained. Some challenging sections. Very beautiful. Dog friendly!

Friday, October 16, 2015

It's a nice walk/easy to moderate hike. The trees and vegetation and a few rocks are decent. It's not very spectacular. I would give the overall trail 3 stars but I gave it 4 stars because it is very well marked and it has an "eagle watch" observation platform near the beginning/end of the loop that provides very good views of the surrounding area and good chance of watching eagles and other birds of prey.

Monday, July 27, 2015

It's a beautiful, well marked trail. Perfect for family/beginners. We had our 10-year-old daughter with us and it was her first hike ever. She enjoyed rolling hills, swamp crossing, a bird watching deck and all other aspects this trail offers.

Sunday, July 05, 2015

This is a beautiful nature preserve with a a wide variety of slopes to make the hike interesting. The trails are well marked and I knew when I ended the red when I couldn't see any more markers. I returned via the Yellow trail and ended up at the hawk watching bleachers. The views there are amazing and a good way to end the hike.

Thursday, January 29, 2015

This is a beautiful preserve. There is a mixed terrain and wide variety of slopes to keep the walk interesting. The blazes are VERY well marked and I hiked a mix of the Yellow Trail and Red Trail the day after snow to a very pleasing end. The ONLY thing that I didn't love was the noise pollution at the very beginning and end of the walk but the views of the valley around from the hawk watching bleachers more than compensate for this.

Monday, May 19, 2014

a great little hike.good enough to work up a sweat. if you go in on the red and come back in the yellow you get a nice long climb. varied terrain.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Great trail. Rolling hills with easy-to-follow trail markings, diverse terrain. Gorgeous in the autumn.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Enjoyable.
Red trail is easy but yellow has some steep climbs and can be rocky underfoot.