Butler Outer Loop Trail

Butler Outer Loop Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mt Kisco, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October.

This isn't advertised for trail running, but I found this to be an awesome running trail! There were enough hills to be challenging and soft ground to cushion knees. I made the mistake of going right when I started, but picked up another person's track when I got lost and ended up with a decent run. Will definitely be back!

I love the bird/hawk watch.

There are many chipmunks and also there is a plane for bird watching. I saw hawks or falcons - I did not understand. Orange trail on which you turn off from red, leads to the swamp and there two mites fell on me and on the path I met a snake that merged in color with a path, it's good that I looked under my feet. Do not turn onto the orange trail from red, if you do not want a mite or snake bite

beautiful.

Road noise close to 684

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Pleasant walk, easy, well marked trails.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

This was a very nice trail, we followed the red trail to the yellow trail in a loop. It was very well marked and easy to navigate. It took us under 2 hours. The bird observation spot was pretty cool. If it wasn't 95 degrees today we would have stayed there a little longer. The trail was shaded the whole way so it didn't feel too hot. I would definitely come back again and try some of the other marked trails.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Easy trail for all skill levels with some inclines to help vary the pace. Lots of chipmunks and squirrels for kids to enjoy looking at as well as Hawks and deer!

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Trail is very well maintained and marked. Definitely some challenging inclines, lots of toads on the trail and a good workout. We enjoyed our hike and will go again!