Bob Cameron Loop Trail is a 4.7 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Newfield, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 4.7 km Elevation Gain: 138 m Route Type: Loop

The entrance to this is the Finger Lakes Trail crossing on Cayutaville Rd(dirt road). You walk through a patch of woods, then cross another road. There are quite a few muddy patches and one pretty uphill section. Low traffic here on Memorial Day.

Nice hike -- somewhere between easy and moderate. Park by the towers and walk back on the road about 100 feet to find the trail head on the right side.The markers start white, and then follow orange carefully not to miss sharp turns.

nice trial. muddy but that was expected. enjoyed the scenery. the couple stream crossings were a nice touch. recommended.

recorded Recording - Apr 04, 11:12 AM

begining of trail is hard to find.

Great trail, well marked but gets confusing at one point because there is a sharp turn. Look out for the tree with several red markers on it, that’s where you make a very sharp right turn. Otherwise great trail. It was muddy at times and we crossed a few streams!

Nice winter hike! There were some cross country ski tracks, but this would be a pretty intense XC trail--only for advanced skiers. The snow was packed down, so I opted for microspikes instead of snowshoes, and it was a really great winter hike! Perfect length.

Very quiet and simple hike, the trail was very shaded and well marked. Nice woods but mot much else to look at. Bug spray would be good but not completely necessary. The trail head is right where the GPS says it is, you can park just past it by the radio towers.

Really enjoyed checking this low traffic, moderate level hike out. Nice walk with the dog. Would recommend some bug spray before going. As others have said, park near towers and trailhead just down the road. Got off the trail a couple times, but we were able to reorient and find the orange markers pretty easily.

Wonderful place to get lost and secluded in the woods. Like others have stated, it’s hard to find the trial head/parking but I followed the directions of the other commenters and I found it (thank you!). Some parts are a bit overgrown so I definitely recommend long pants to avoid bug hitch hikers! Would love to come back in the fall. :)

Thu Jun 21 2018

The trail was well marked. We weren't as observant as we should have been. Recording our hike on all trails saved us from going too far afield. I would recommend deet bug spray for mosquitoes and hitch hiking tics. Found one on my husband. Otherwise wonderful hike. Perfect for us. Would do it again.

Sun Apr 22 2018

This is a beautiful walk. The dogs had a great time too. Finding the trail head is difficult. It is before the towers. Also the trail is washed out big time in one area. New signage needs to go up. By the ravine it is a bit confusing but we finally found the orange and got back on track. A good walk, definitely a moderate + hike.

Sat Oct 29 2016

Great trail and for this 53 year old I would rate it slightly above moderate. There were a couple of stream crossings I had to bushwhack around as they were too steep for me with my pack on with photo gear. I was confused on the direction of the trail so this might help others. Park by the towers and walk back down the road and take the FLT on the same side as the towers. Just a few hundred feet in turn left of the White blazes and take the Orange. Keep going until you see the mailbox and this is the loop junction. You can go straight or turn left and just follow the Orange blazes. Watch closely as a couple of spots the blazes are tricky to see. A great hike with a nice little stream at the low point. Ignore my time on my recording as I stopped and set up a tripod and took some pics. Also I walked off the trail a bit to take some shots so my distance might be a bit longer also.

Mon Feb 01 2016

Lovely loop. There was a creek crossing that was a bit steep and challenging with a child, but other than that, very family friendly.

Mon May 24 2010

A nice walk through the woods. I saw a lot of chipmunks, even one of their nests.