Bob Cameron Loop Trail

Bob Cameron Loop Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Newfield, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The trail was well marked. We weren't as observant as we should have been. Recording our hike on all trails saved us from going too far afield. I would recommend deet bug spray for mosquitoes and hitch hiking tics. Found one on my husband. Otherwise wonderful hike. Perfect for us. Would do it again.

This is a beautiful walk. The dogs had a great time too.
Finding the trail head is difficult. It is before the towers.
Also the trail is washed out big time in one area. New signage needs to go up. By the ravine it is a bit confusing but we finally found the orange and got back on track.
A good walk, definitely a moderate + hike.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Great trail and for this 53 year old I would rate it slightly above moderate. There were a couple of stream crossings I had to bushwhack around as they were too steep for me with my pack on with photo gear. I was confused on the direction of the trail so this might help others. Park by the towers and walk back down the road and take the FLT on the same side as the towers. Just a few hundred feet in turn left of the White blazes and take the Orange. Keep going until you see the mailbox and this is the loop junction. You can go straight or turn left and just follow the Orange blazes. Watch closely as a couple of spots the blazes are tricky to see. A great hike with a nice little stream at the low point. Ignore my time on my recording as I stopped and set up a tripod and took some pics. Also I walked off the trail a bit to take some shots so my distance might be a bit longer also.

Monday, February 01, 2016

Lovely loop. There was a creek crossing that was a bit steep and challenging with a child, but other than that, very family friendly.

Friday, July 21, 2017